City ID is seeking to hire an experienced Development Manager to join the Acquisition & Development team and play a key role in driving the next phase of growth for the organisation across some of Europe's most exciting cities.About City ID
City ID has ambitions to become a leading global owner and operator of lifestyle apartment hotels, combining the service and convenience of a hotel with the space, privacy and comfort of an apartment. Our apartment hotels are suitable for short and longer stays and distinguish themselves by their beautiful design and quality of amenities. We strive to offer our guests the ultimate stay, we do this with passion and a sense of humor across every guest touch point. City ID's portfolio currently consists of ID Aparthotel, Hotel TWENTY EIGHT and Hotel BOAT&CO all located within Amsterdam. Together with our shareholders APG and Aware Super we are in a unique and well capitalized position to achieve our ambitious growth targets.Key Responsibilities
As Development Manager, you are co-responsible for the development of new apartment hotels for our hotel group in key cities in Europe. These can be turnkey developments or developments whereby we manage the development ourselves. You will work closely together with the Acquisition team and the Concept & Design team to build a sustainable portfolio of City ID hotels. Your task is to manage developments from concept to completion! In doing so, you ensure that the predetermined project targets are achieved.Key Duties:
Is this your ID?
- Manage developments from initiative to realization and delivery;
- Assisting the acquisition team during the acquisition phase by preparing development budgets and managing the technical Due Diligence process
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with developers, contractors, consultants, and other relevant parties
- Manage budget, time and quality to ensure that desired project outcomes & objectives are delivered
- Engaging and managing internal project teams and external professional consultancy teams during the development process;
- Managing the delivery of a comprehensive tender package for main contractors and separate packages for specialist contractors;
- Preparing and closing various consultancy and construction contracts in corporation with (external) lawyers during the development process;
- Monitoring and reporting on contractor's or developers progress against the contract programme;
- Working closely together with the internal Concept and Design team to define and execute interior concepts;
- Maintain project documentation, programmes, master budget and manage risk registers during the project;
- Preparing and presenting periodic reports (budgets, resources and realized targets).
As part of the Development team we are looking for a candidate that can think on their feet, bring positivity and is excited to be joining a young and ambitious organization.
Key qualities we look for include:
Send us your ID
- More than 6 years' experience in real estate development and / or project management;
- Experience with managing large commercial real estate developments - ideally within the hotel sector;
- Existing and relevant network across Europe;
- Able to lead and collaborate with creative and technical teams and confident to work independently as well as being a key team player;
- Ability to get into details without losing the bigger picture;
- Entrepreneurial and driven to get the best out of a project;
- Extensive experience managing budgets for large construction projects
- Excellent communication skills;
- Highly organized;
- Fluent in English and ability to speak other languages is an advantage;
- Excited to travel frequently throughout Europe.
Did we trigger you to apply for this vacancy? Then send us your CV and motivation letter to email@example.com and we will get back to you!