Bedrijf: Global Hotels & Resorts.
Ideal Candidate Profile
- Several years of experience as a hotel controller;
- Master in Economics and Business;
- Flair for working with financial reporting systems;
- Strong communication skills and interest in working in a challenging international environment;
- Fluency in written and spoken French and English;
- Able to work under pressure and to strict deadlines;
- Strong team-working skills;
- Organized, proactive and result oriented;
- Ability to travel if required (25% max).
We are a small hospitality company owning and operating small and large hotels across Southern Europe, as well as well as several hospitality investments. To support the management team, we are looking for a corporate controller with strong analytical skills and a willing to work within a small team. The position is based in Amsterdam and will require regular visits to the hotels.
The successful candidate has an entrepreneurial mind-set and will be responsible for financially controlling the hotels using and developing a state of the art financial system. He/she will take pride in assessing the financial performance of the hotel based on correct monthly reporting, and the correct consolidation of the company’s monthly accounts. A strong interest in sharing best financial practice and training his teammates adds to the profile. He/she will use his/her technical and strong social skills and past professional experience to think laterally across functions in a highly culturally diverse company.
Main tasks and responsibilities
- Responsibility for setting up and maintaining the financial database;
- Review, analyse, financially control, and consolidate monthly hotel performance;
- Lead the monthly reporting process with the hotels;
- Work closely with the hotel finance teams and provide training where required;
- Provide internal reports for the management team to assist in decision-making processes;
- Monitor effectiveness of internal controls, make recommendations, and implement changes where weaknesses are identified;
- Co-ordinate the annual budget process.