Student bijbaan all-rounder
Solliciteer op de website van de werkgever
a&o: we are simple, honest and always with a smile. Since 2000 we are expanding Europe-wide, true to our mission EVERYONE CAN TRAVEL. With more than 30 houses in over 20 cities we are Europe's biggest hostel provider, making our mission a reality! All our sites realize a standardized concept and are supported by our headquarters in Berlin.
Flat hierarchies and a culture of open feedback make the foundation of our work environment shaped by dynamics, growth, and innovation. With that, we offer ideal career opportunities for everyone, whether expert or career changer. We emphasize to treat each other in a fair, social, and responsible way. Because together, not only working is more fun - but also success.Student Job (m/f/x)
as of June 2021 - on call but monthly scheduled according your preferences - in Amsterdam
- As an a&o all-round employee, you are really an all-rounder: you work flexibly in different shifts like reception, breakfast, restaurant, bar and general service, and filling in for those services is not a problem for you
- The reception desk/ bar area will be your primary field of responsibility - this means:
- You will be responsible for the Check-In and Check-Out of our guests behind the reception desk or in the lobby as a guest relation officer
- To ensure all our guests enjoy their stay at a&o, you will cater to their needs and offer tourist information
- At the bar your job is to serve hot and cold drinks and snacks, as well as to prepare cocktails
- During restaurant-shifts, you are responsible for:
- The timely preparation of breakfast-, lunch- or dinner-buffet
- Ensuring that our guest are satisfied and that hygiene-standards are always kept
- Receiving training (naturally cost-free for you!) for all the areas you may work in is part of your student job
- You have experience or a finished education in hospitality or tourism
- Of course you are driven by a great sense of responsibility for the tasks you are given
- You are a team player - working in a team, or leading it, comes natural to you
- Even in shifts starting as early as 5am, it is easy for you to stay friendly, highly motivated and service-minded
- Since shifts might start early or end late, living in Amsterdam or surrounding residential areas is ideal
- You are 18 years or older, and able to work flexible hours and shifts (weekends, holidays, etc.)
- Good English skills are a must, Dutch skills are highly preferred, the knowledge of additional languages is an advantage (preferably a modern European language like German)
Are you that good-humored, service minded and hospitable person we are looking for?
- An exciting, responsible job in one of the top-innovators amongst Hostel-providers is expecting you
- You can experience an team-oriented work-environment with loads of room for developing and implementing your own ideas and your personal growth
- Short decision-making-processes and open communication are a major benefit of your new working-context
- The position is also suitable for (foreign) university students
- Profit from our attractive staff benefits programme, by (i.e.) free accommodation in all a&o's, a wide range of subsidized cultural and recreational offers and events
- Of course we offer fruits and vegetables as well as drinks on a daily basis
- Additionally: language courses, company pension-programmes, trainings, sports, etc.
We are very happy to receive your application (resume, earliest possibly starting-date in June 2021).
Full time / Part time