This job is yours if you want to be a lead player in the development and integration of automated test & measurement systems! Our engineering team develops a range of custom made inline and offline test and measurement machines to help customers achieve higher product quality, faster time to market, and greater value from their test system.
You like learning new things, and you can learn quickly. As a software engineer you will offer specialized programming expertise. You will be the key person tying together all high tech technologies involved to create our machines: motion, data acquisition, RF, Robotics, electronics,…
Your contribution in this role:
- Participate in the integration, validation and commissioning of software
- Implement project related hardware and participate in the machine set up process and calibration
- Functional testing of machines and processes
- Support activities and initiatives for continuous improvement
- Support the proposal and design review process as required
- Work closely with the software team and use internal and effective development methodologies and documentation review
- Develop & perform custom made technical trainings to national and international customers
- Evaluate system architecture, risk assessment and validation plan
- Select software components in function of specifications
- Execute national & international interventions independently
- Document and communicate lessons learned in projects
- Coaching junior software engineers
The ideal candidate in a few words:
- Degree: A Bachelor or Master degree from an accredited engineering or physics program
- Degree: A Bachelor or Master degree from an accredited engineering or physics program.
- Possess 7 or more years of experience of software development with LabVIEW and/or TestStand in an automated test environment
- Knowledge of object-oriented programming, FPGA, RT, Vision, Beckhoff, motion, FEM analysis, system design
- In-depth knowledge of the machine building industry
- Experience in software development in C++, C#, Halcon, Python, Matlab, Siemens S7 & TIA is a plus.
- Understanding of software engineering principles and development.
- Advanced knowledge in integration of test platforms and industrial automation
- Change is not a scary word for you. You thrive in organizations that adapt and evolve
- You jump at the opportunity to work with colleagues on projects
- Strong interpersonal skills. You communicate clearly
- Team player, able to work with engineers from hardware, system and software disciplines
- Ability to take on role of technical leader for specific projects and work with engineers from hardware, system and software disciplines
- You enjoy finding creative solutions to possible problems. You have a strong ownership of responsibilities and you escalate issues when necessary
- Mobility: Up to 30% at customer site.
- Multilingual: Fluent in English, written & spoken