Bedrijf: The Vincent Hotel Group.
Qualifications and requirements:
- HBO Hotel Management preferred although not mandatory.
- Minimum of 2 years work experience on supervisor level;
- Must speak and write fluent English and Dutch, other language preferred;
- Strong leadership skills to manage and motivate the team;
- Excellent communicational skills;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Flexibility to respond to a range of different work situations.
We are looking for a Housekeeping Coordinator for the Holiday Inn Amsterdam - Arena Towers and the Holiday Inn Express Amsterdam - Arena towers to expand our team.
As Housekeeping Coordinator, a newly created position, of Holiday Inn Express Arena Towers and Holiday inn Arena towers you’ll be working for two hotels at the same time.
This gives you a great opportunity to work with two brands and express yourself as a proactive and multitasking leader of our general service team.
We are looking for a passionate Housekeeping Coordinator to lead the day to day running of our general service team. In this hands on role you will look to drive the productivity, motivation and development of the general service team. You will coordinate and communicate with the external Housekeeping whilst ensuring high standards and company guidelines are maintained.
- Ensure Public Areas are kept to the highest cleanliness standards trough the direct management of the general services team.
- Where needed monitor, train and assist in light cleaning activities of the public areas
- Run sold room reports and monitor occupancy and staffing levels
- Verify room status and monitor room readiness
- Act as a liaison to coordinate the efforts of Housekeeping, general service, Engineering, Front Office, and Laundry company.
- Document and resolve issues with discrepant rooms with the Front Desk. Prepare and distribute assignment sheets/workboards to general service staff.
- Check the daily housekeeping sheet and check if they are in accordance with the occupancy levels
- Follow all company and safety and security policies and procedures; report any maintenance problems, safety hazards, accidents, or injuries.
- Ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional; maintain confidentiality of proprietary information; protect company assets.
- Ensure adherence to quality expectations and standards of cleanliness for guestrooms and public areas, by monitoring Heartbeat and conducting Quality Checks.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others; support team to reach common goals; listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of other employees.
- Ensure that the master (room)key procedures are adhered to.
- Ensures that all needed supplies are ordered and up to date.
- Be a point of contact and maintain a close working relationship with all relevant suppliers
- Ensures a good management of the lost & found department
- Duty Management shifts as and when required
- For this new and exciting position tasks will be flexible and this list is non-exhaustive
- Ensures that work schedules suit the hotel’s level of activity
- Elaborates a working plan, taking each and everyone’s skills in consideration
- Optimise the organisation of his/her department in ensuring the adequacy of the staff and workload
- Motivates and develops all employees of the general service team