The NVH&Validation group consists of two teams. One team does noise and vibration measurements of heavy duty diesel engines in research and development. The other team attends long-term engine endurance tests followed by detailed inspection and rating of all relevant engine parts after the test. Goal of these endurance tests is to gain confidence about the reliability and durability of the engine under service conditions. The vacancy engine endurance engineer is in this second team.
- Make sure that the endurance test is carried out according to the test standards and specific arrangements
- Daily monitoring of test data during the endurance test
- Analysis of all data before, during and after the test
- Detailed inspection and rating of all relevant engine parts according to the inspection list
- Present the results to all stakeholders
- Write a detailed test report in english including a judgement of the overall engine condition after the test in relation to the desired engine life in service. Give advise and recommendations for improvement
- Contribute to the development of specialised knowledge regarding durability issues.
- Education level bachelor/master mechanical engineering or automotive
- good PC working skills
- Good knowledge of Dutch, English and German language
- Accurate, precise, calm, analytic mind, stress resistant, team player
- Enthusiastic about the technological challenges of big diesel engines
such as exhaust emissions, fuel consumption, cost, durability
- Some number of years experience at engine rating is a plus, but not a requirement