Sr. Software Engineer C# – full-time – Utrecht, the Netherlands
Our mission? To serve the research community by supplying modern affordable instruments, software and accessories. Are you the skilled developer that connects with our mission?
Metrohm Autolab is a globally operating subsidiary providing analytical and scientific instrumentation for R&D laboratories in the field of electrochemical analysis and research. Due to the growing focus on our business area, we need you to support the development of our scientific research software and instruments.
Developing flexible software for laboratories all over the world: the job
Our market application segments include energy generation and storage, corrosion prevention, bio-sensors, fundamental research, plating, environmental and trace analysis. As a Sr. Software Engineer, your main challenge will be successfully developing new scientific research software and instruments. How? By using your extensive knowledge of high-tech software. Essential is the highly flexible nature of the software you will develop.
You’ll be working in a niche market that enables you to delve deeper into the development process: an in-depth challenge that requires being responsible and working independently, within a professional organisation with a flat structure.
Some of your assignments:
- Developing and maintaining unique software applications for technical scientific research.
- Establishing and managing high-tech embedded software for instruments used by technical scientific research.
- Collaborating with architects, hardware engineers and software engineers in one of our multidisciplinary Scrum teams.
- Acting as a partial product owner by sharing your strategic knowledge for redesigning our software applications.
What makes up Metrohm’s DNA today
Highly motivated people are at the core of our business. We need you to challenge the status quo, and adapt and apply new technologies and methods quickly in an environment that’s built on innovation. Your creative mind enables you to develop new solutions that make a difference. Even though you know how to get things done on your own, you work well in a team. You love a challenge and constantly push yourself to improve your self-learning skills by frequently attending conferences like Microsoft TechDay.
The professional we are looking for:
- holds a technical bachelor’s or master’s degree;
- has a minimum of 10 years’ experience in software engineering;
- has good knowledge of object-oriented design (SOLID) and programming with C# and .Net, and is experienced in maintaining Windows applications;
- knows how to effectively lead a software team as Scrum master;
- has excellent Dutch and English language skills, both verbally and written.
Additional knowledge of WPF/MVVM, C++ and C, as well as experience with TFS, is advantageous.
Your career at Metrohm Autolab
We are not your run-of-the-mill corporation: our extraordinary values have shaped our history and will continue to shape our future. We believe our people are the best at what they do and always put the customer first – and we reward them for it.
We offer you:
- A competitive salary
- A comprehensive medical benefits package
- Company-attributed retirement plans, insurance and tuition reimbursement
- Employee satisfaction, camaraderie, loyalty and longevity
Does our philosophy and focus match your own?
Become part of a new generation of software professionals by applying now. Please submit your application to the attention of Ms Anneke Ausma via the 'Apply' button.
For more information, you can contact Bert Kruithof (Corporate Recruiter) on +31(0)6 49663985.
Get to know us: meet Metrohm
Metrohm Group is one of the world’s most trusted manufacturers of high-precision instruments for chemical analysis. Today we employ more than 2000 people across more than 80 countries. We serve several market segments, including chemicals, petrochemicals and biofuel, pharmaceuticals, and both industrial and academic customers.
Agency calls not appreciated
Bedrijf: Metrohm Autolab BV.