vidaXL is looking for a (no)SQL database engineer who is interested to learn other database technologies as well. As a (no)SQL Database Engineer you will be responsible to engineer and tune all SQL and noSQL databases at vidaXL. The webshops run on MariaDB at a Galera cluster and SAP is running on clustered MSSQL. As the webshops have their own ‘big data’ cluster, vidaXL is also working with Elastic, MongoDB and Apache Solr.
vidaXL off course understands that it is unreasonable to expect all of this knowledge combined in one database professional. What vidaXL however does expect is an eagerness to be willing to learn new technologies. Most part of the database administration tasks will be the responsibility of several colleagues.
You will work in an international IT team and you will report to Zeger Knops.
- Informatics Bachelor- or Master degree or relevant work experience;
- Deep knowledge of either MSSQL or MySQL and willing to learn (no)SQL, Maria- or MongoDB technology;
- Interest in learning Elastic, MongoDB and Apache Solr;
- Eagerness to learn;
- Strong analytical skills and comfortable in exploring and applying new technologies;
- Excellent communicator in the English language.
ICT Career is responsible for the initial recruitment procedure for the vacancy (no)SQL Database Engineer. The complete procedure consists of a skype interview with ICT Career and two interviews at vidaXL. In case it will come to an agreement and contract, you will be employed by vidaXL directly.