In this function you report to the supervisor of the FIETU group as well as the Project Lead Engineer. As a design engineer you have a variety of responsibilities:
· Technical level: In cooperation with designers and suppliers you design new air management components / systems for application on future engine families. Your focus is functionality reliability, quality, robustness, manufacturability.
· Working method: Working according Six Sigma tools and techniques.
· Bachelor or Master degree on mechanical or engine engineering
· 1-3 years of relevant experience
· Capable of fast in depth expertise for component knowledge built-up
· Able to design the product together with engineering and the supplier
· Used to handle complex design projects and the resulting stress.
· Design for Six Sigma and Problem Solving skills.
· Clear level dependant communication, both verbal as presentation wise
· CREO & Windchill CAD skills or willingness to learn these tools asap
· Pro-active, creative and result driven personality
· Clear and structured way of working
· Experience with working in development projects
· Automotive [Engine HW] or Engine Combustion knowledge is very beneficial