Why this job is a gamechanger for You
Tele2 is an international mobile operator with a challenger spirit. We challenge our competitors and the market, but primarily ourselves. We are looking for a Medior and Senior Developer.
As a Java Developer you will be part of the Agile Java development team as a developer working with micro service based architecture. You will ensure the best possible performance, quality and responsiveness of the applications. You will play an important role in maintaining code quality automatisation. As a Java Developer you will communicate with different teams of business and IT services to understand the requirements of business processes and technical design.
Because you’re You....
- We get the best possible performance, quality and responsiveness of our applications;
- Our code quality remains efficient, reusable and reliable;
- The release of new software components happens according to our Continuous Delivery Model;
- We build solutions to exceed customer expectations;
- We are well prepared on future developments, because you have a good vision on the future of development and can advise us.
Barriers prevent people from being their best selves. That’s why it’s our mission to break through these barriers in the telecom industry. Everyone should benefit from a connected life, don’t you agree? The Network & IT department makes this happen. Software changes, customer connections, hosting and security; we’ve got it all covered. Small teams, professionals from around the world, and an impressive challenger quality. How else can we support more than a thousand internal and millions of external users? This is where we make an impact.
Why we need You
Tele2 is a challenging company to work for. We work harder than most. Why? Because our customers deserve to get what they need. That’s why we need people who challenge outdated mindsets. People who think fast and rewrite the rules. Who have a fierce ambition to bring change.
We’ll start getting excited if you have
- At least 5 (medior) - 8 (senior) years of Java Development in a commercial environment;
- A very strong Java Spring Boot background;
- Proven knowledge and experience in:
- Microservices (a.o. how to deal with legacy & service sizing);
- Queuing (particular RabbitMQ) and circuit breaker patterns;
- Docker (Swarm);
- Working within large scaled Agile environments (15+ teams), and Scrum in particular;
- BitBucket (GIT), Jenkins (including groovy scripting), SonarQube, Maven, Jaccocco;
- CI/CD automation in general (including Unit, System (Functional, Security, Performance) & integration testing);
- RESTful APIs and JSON;
- Familiar with network engineering (Firewall, proxy & network routing);
- At least 2 years’ experience in cooperating with off (near) shore teams;
- Professional proficiency in English, both written and spoken.
We like You. Can we keep You?
Click the button below and apply for this position. Dreams are waiting to come true!
You will be doing your best for Tele2. Naturally, we want to reward that!
We believe in a connected life. For our customers and our employees. You create your workspace. At the office? You’ll be in good company! At home? Be sure to do the dishes while you’re there. The more people, places, and things are connected, the more value is created. For all of us.
You can also look forward to seriously funny colleagues, considerable discounts on our products, regular exercise with the Tele2 Health Club, and, of course, a salary, holiday leave, and generous bonuses. Still not enough? Check our website!
Curious to find out more about the Tele2 culture? Follow us on social media and discover how we keep challenging the world. Or you’re always welcome to stop by for a coffee at our office. #WeAreTele2
Still reading? Then we’ll leave you with a little bit about Tele2
Although we might not be a start-up (we do have awesome macchiato’s), we do behave like one. Tele2 is and always will be a challenger. For over twenty years, we have been providing our customers with the service they deserve. And these days we’re on a mission to make a connected life completely carefree. We want to get rid of constraints that prevent people from being their best selves sooner rather than later. That is carefree living as it is meant to be. Because it can be. Are you ready to take on this challenge with us?