Medior AML / CTF Compliance Officer
ING Financial Crime Compliance (FCC) is looking to hire a Senior Financial Crime Compliance Officer.
This is a challenging opportunity for a dynamic and strong FCC professional to join FCC’s AML/CTF Anti-Money Laundering and Combatting Terrorist Financing (AML/CTF) team, which is part of the Corporate Compliance department (based in Amsterdam).
The position of Medior Financial Crime Compliance Officer is identified as a medior expert role in the AML/CTF area with a strong focus on skills to take things on and make it happen.
Key result areas and responsibilities
The Medior Financial Crime Compliance Officer:
- Has advanced knowledge of risks and requirements in the area of AML/CTF. Strong CTF knowledge and experience is an advantage
- Has a global vision on how to secure today and tomorrow the effective management of AML/CTF -related risks
- Advises Management on AML/CTF related risks and requirements
- Advises and challenges the identification, documentation, and assessment of the compliance risks associated with the bank’s activities
- Monitors to ensure that ING entities and ING employees are investigating, adequately mitigating, and/or promptly remediating compliance issues identified
- Investigates and challenges the circumstances that give rise to AML/CTF threats and risks
- Keeps abreast of significant developments and/or changes in relevant laws, regulations and good business practices, and on significant internal developments which may have an impact on the global Financial Crime Compliance risk profile of ING Bank
- Participates, where valuable, in industry meetings and in meetings with internal stakeholders to foster the exchange of knowledge about regulations and to deepen AML/CTF knowledge
- Maintains contact with various stakeholders (internal and external), works together with them to achieve the goal, and gives advice, seeking the right balance between the various interests whilst keeping the goal in mind
- Works together with team members to come up with solutions and find alternatives
Your work environment
The AML/CTF team is part of the Financial Crime Compliance division within the Corporate Compliance department (based in Amsterdam) (2nd LoD).
FCC’s AML/CTF team is working together based on knowledge and expertise, as well as the skill set needed to best perform the job.
The team is working with key internal stakeholders and offers an environment that provides a global overview on how the relevant AML/CTF requirements and controls are embedded within the business, and provides an opportunity to manage relationships with external stakeholders and regulators.
- You understand the business and have advanced professional knowledge of the FCC domain, the related processes, technology, and developments in the field
- You are pragmatic and energetic
- You have a critical mindset
- You motivate and help others to succeed
- You are people-focused; connecting and interacting with others is something that comes naturally to you
- You are a good communicator verbally and in writing, being able to convey complex messages in a simple way
- You are confident, result-driven, and seek to find innovative and new creative solutions
- Furthermore, you adhere to the ING values and it is evident for you that your behavior is fully aligned with these values. You are also prepared to take the Banker's Oath. For more information, please visit http://www.ing.jobs/Netherlands/Why-ING/This-is-ING-too/ING-Values.htm
- University degree
- Knowledge of banking business, processes, procedures, and systems
- > 5 years of proven experience in the (international) compliance / financial crime compliance domain, with a focus on AML/CTF
- Strong CTF knowledge and experience is an advantage
- Self-starting capabilities
- Learning agility and innovative mindset
- Ability to work across functional and geographic lines
- Strong analytical and writing skills, and sound judgment
- Fluent in English
- Organizational sensitivity
What we offer
- A job from 36 to 40 hours and a unique offer that fits in with the times of today. Discover our employment conditions.
- To give you an idea, we will tell you about the benefits of working at ING:
- A salary tailored to your qualities and experience
- Flexible working hours and the possibility to work at home
- Reimbursement for travel expenses
- 24 vacation days with a 36-hour working week. If you work 40 hours a week, you will receive 27 vacation days
- Pension scheme
- 13th-month salary
- Individual Savings Contribution (BIS), 3.5% of your gross annual salary
- 8% Holiday payment
- Personal growth and challenging work with endless possibilities to realize your ambitions
- An informal working environment with innovative colleagues who strive for the very best
Er is geen minimale opleiding vereist
Voor deze functie is er geen minimale werkervaring vereist