At Studyportals, our challenge is to build, adapt, and create the biggest education search platform. By understanding the student journey in and out, we’re building a platform that is valuable to students and agile to the demands of international education. Our focus is therefore fully student/user-centered. We place our entire energy and focus on knowing what students are demanding, allowing them to be the main architects of our online platform. So long as we put the students at centre stage, using their voices and perspectives to guide our product, we can make a product that is designed especially and exclusively for them. In the end, we enable students to find and compare education degrees worldwide in just a few clicks on one of our platforms (see for example: MastersPortal.eu or BachelorsPortals.com)
To strengthen our team, we are looking for a Product Owner who is passionate about shaping the best experiences for our visitors in their search towards finding and enrolling into a study programme abroad. You will be responsible for the improvement of our current search engine as well as for the introduction of new functionalities that help students finding their best matching study programme.
As a Product Owner, you will manage a development team and gather input to decide which features to prioritise. You will have to make sure that they get implemented in the best way possible, as well as engage in long-term strategic work, where you define the overarching long-term product strategy for finding best matching study programmes better. You will act as a real innovator; being responsible for the search functionality of our platforms, which is the key engine of our web service.
Your concrete responsibilities include: defining backlogs, monitoring your metrics, prioritization and making sure that you and your scrum team are building the best products for our users. You will also, analyse research outcomes and translate user needs into epics and stories. To really help students find programmes better, you additionally think about new services like bots, machine learning and recommendation tools.
- As the Product Owner for our Search Scrum Team, you must know what is going in the field of search.
- You are tech savvy, monitor trends in the digital world and get excited by trying out new promising things.
- At least 4 years of experience in the online industry, having worked as a product owner/manager for search systems is a big plus.
- Technical: for this position, decent technical skills are a requirement. You have database knowledge, know how algorithms work and you get excited by large sets of data.
- You have experience with scrum methodology and/or other agile methods
- Analytic: you are highly analytical and data-driven innovation is really important for you. You make decisions based on data (e.g. A/B tests) and know where to find the metrics you need.
- Fluent in written & oral English
- Emphatic skills: you can say no to people several times a day and still be liked! You’ll work with stakeholders from other departments and cultures.
- Familiarity with the international student world or having lived abroad are plusses
- Our mission and core values match your own and motivate you (See them in action in many of our posts here: https://www.facebook.com/studyportalscareers/)
- A full-time position.
- 25 days paid leave.
- Competitive salary, including an excellent bonus scheme.
- An annual personal development budget, because personal growth is KEY!
- A discount for a collective insurance package with IAK, covering public and private insurances from healthcare and home insurance to car and liability insurances.
- Reimbursement of your work-related travel costs.
- Informal, entrepreneurial, and flexible atmosphere where self-initiative is highly appreciated. Apart from your contribution to the company, your personal development has high priority.
- A great company environment that is serious about having fun with everything we do, including frequent memorable team events, table tennis, slide, etc.
- The opportunity to make our world a little better and be at the core of the growth phase of a study choice giant that the European market is desperately waiting for.
- Located in the vibrant Strijp-S area in Eindhoven. An exciting hub of entrepreneurship, technology and design, just 10 minutes from the city centre and 15 minutes from the airport.
Questions? Reach out to current Product Owner Willem: – Klik op de solliciteer-button om te solliciteren –