POS Network Engineer
This well known Fintech company provides complex technology for Banking and financial clients in Europe. There office is located in Amsterdam. They are experts in the area of Finance software and work with several well know clients. You get many responsibilities and opportunities to develop your knowledge and skills. This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious developer.
Responsibilities of the POS Network Engineer
The ideal candidate should have a solid networking background with broad troubleshooting experience, learn on the fly and be used to multi-vendor environment. Your advanced skills will be utilized on various internal and external projects and for keeping our in-house developed POS solution in perfect condition. We are looking for someone who is extremely merchant-focused and highly motivated by team success. Experience in a technology driven company is a definite plus.
Technology: You must be proficient and have hands-on experience with the following technologies: Networks, Firewalls, Linux, Monitoring, Network security protocols and more.
- Experience: At least 5 years experience working in a production, multi-vendor environment. Minimum 5+ years of network configuration and administration, including network sniffing and analysis, network security.
- Knowledge: Solid understanding TCP/IP networking, DNS and HTTP(s), network security. Understanding of PCI and basic programming principles is a plus.
- Background: solid experience in problem analysis and resolution of network and software problems.
- Mentality: Team player who is open to feedback. Able to work in a 24/7 environment, make quick informed decisions and handle pressure. Since this role also includes merchant facing tasks at high level excellent communication skills and organisational sensitivity is required.
- Consulting: Advise merchants regarding the best implementation practices and also address specific merchants issues.
- Creative: You will be innovative, have strong problem solving capabilities and is able to adapt to new processes and procedures quickly while dealing with many varied technical requests.
- Independent: You will also be committed, flexible, and have demonstrated an ability to maintain high levels of productivity with minimal supervision.
- Writing: Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Language: Fluent in English.
Salary and Benefits
- Competitive salary with bonus opportunities
- Lease car or a free public transport contract
- Pension / insurance options
- 40 hours work week or flexible working hours!
- Space for personal development and education (budget for education)