Main purpose of job
- Primary technical resource of Sales (Customer Service and Account Managers) and Workshop for Reciprocating Compressor core products.
- Identify and provide reliable solutions for all technical issues to assure complete customer satisfaction.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships throughout the sales cycle.
- Accountable for Engineering aspects of all core products when it comes to selection, performance, scoping, servicing, production and troubleshooting.
- Maintain and develop expert level on (core) product knowledge and application.
- Assist in scoping and cost calculations for non-core parts (capital parts and Upgrade & Revamp)
- Provide efficient and professional support for organisation and customers.
- Listen, understand and convey customer's needs (internal and external)
- Resolve customer issues or difficulties in a manner that is consistent with the company mission, values and financial objectives.
- Travel to sites to support sales or to perform troubleshooting and training services
- Assist the Workshop with product inspections, reconditioning and modifications
- Maintain accurate records of documentation, technical calculations and equipment data in company databases.
- Collect and consolidate performance feedback of recent developed core products.
Skills, knowledge & behaviors
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering, Automotive Engineering or equivalent background
- Knowledge about reciprocating equipment (engines, compressors) design and function, mechanical components, control & peripheral systems and/or broad Mechanical Engineering knowledge.
- Preferably have some materials (castings, steels) and surface treatment knowledge.
- Ability to interpret and review engineering calculations, specifications, drawings and bills of materials.
- Ability to make engineering and performance analysis of core components
- Logical problem-solving skills and dedication to quality and integrity.
- Ability to continuously improve skill set of the engineering organization, processes and methods.
- Service mentality
- Experience: 3 years in a similar role
- Good team-working skills, flexible and pro-active attitude.
- Good communication, interpersonal and reporting skills. Must be able to communicate efficiently with customers and colleageus (also in other locations).
- Trouble shooting and failure analysis experience.
- Proficient Microsoft Office
- Preferably have experience in using SAP
- Readiness to travel (limited travel, mainly Benelux and Germany)
- English, Proficient in speak, read/write
- Dutch, Proficient in speak, read/write
- Some basic understanding of German is preferred