We are seeking a candidate to fill a professional position of Research Scientist for our new European testing and research laboratory. This facility is located in Delft, The Netherlands. Job responsibilities will be carried out at both the research laboratory as well as at customer locations around the world.
American Glass Research is a full service independent, research and testing laboratory with expertise in testing, design analysis, consulting, training, inspection, product liability and auditing for the glass container industry.
About the role:
This position will report directly to the Manager Research Europe. Main responsibilities include performing scientific activities, planning, designing and implementing research experiments and customer service testing project and data analysis. Tasks within your area of responsibility include, but are not limited to:
- Development, organization and presentation of plans for research and testing projects
- Implementation of project plans
- Determination of analysis methods and experimentation
- Preparation and presentation of lectures consistent with area of specialization
- Performing complex analysis and experiments
- Providing on-site consultancy for our customers
Skills and Experience:
- A minimum of a finished HBO education preferably with a major in Mechatronics, Chemistry, Physics or Engineering.
- A minimum of 8 years of demonstrable experience in a beverage filling line and/or packaging glass production environment.
- Experience in testing of packaging glass is an advantage
- Analytical and accurate
- Evidence of well refined communication skills
- Effective time management skills
- Willing to travel (international) for up to 50 days/year
- Computer skills, MS Word, MS Excel, MS Powerpoint and Minitab
- A good command of the English language in writing and speech (knowledge of other languages are a plus)
We offer a permanent contract for 40 hours per week at a competitive salary rate. You will be working from a fixed location in Delft, The Netherlands. Candidate must be willing to relocate within a 40km radius of the research and testing facility.
Please send your current resume and cover letter in the English language to Francine Keefer by clicking on the "solliciteer" button if you are interested in this job opportunity. If you have further questions, you can also contact Francine Keefer by clicking the "solliciteer" button.