Wittenborg University OAS, one of the most international private universities of applied sciences in the Netherlands offers education to around 600 students with more than 80 different nationalities in Apeldoorn, Amsterdam and Vienna. The number of students have been rising steadily since 2010 when Wittenborg moved to Apeldoorn. With ambition of developing into a broad institute, Wittenborg offers great potential for a long term employment relationship.
Currently, Wittenborg offers Bachelor and Master programmes, as well as developing new programmes in all 5 schools: School of Business, School of Hospitality & Tourism, School of Arts & Technology, School of Sport & Health, and School of Education. Wittenborg is determined to provide cross-discipline & applied-science education to assure its graduates are more suited for the future job market within an international context.
As a growing educational organisation, with an increasing number employees from more than 25 countries of origion, spread over campuses in Apeldoorn, Amsterdam and Vienna, Wittenborg is looking for an Senior HR Officer to join the existing small HR department that consists of 0.8 FTE Junior HR Officer and ±0.2 FTE HR Director.
The Senior HR Officer will proactively carry out HR activities and lead the operation of the other colleague. So he/she will takes an active hands-on approach throughout the employee life cycle including: recruitment, induction, training, employee relations, reward, HR administration and performance management; as well as being responsible for the personnel and salary administration and related administrative processes.
Your responsibilities & tasks are:
- Recruitment: preparation of job descriptions, publish vacancies, selection and follow up on incoming CV’s, update the recruitment database system, arrange interviews, assessments, references, and try out lessons, update digital folders;
- Personnel Administration & Policies: create paper and digital personnel files for all staff and keep it updated, arrange IT and facility issues for new staff, update or create new employment contracts, assist with career development planning and reporting system. Produce several documents (like letters of reference, employers statement, and travel cost statement), sickness registration and follow up, vacation planning and processing leave requests.
- Salary Administration collect monthly mutations, process and transfer the salaries, report to tax office and create journal for finance department
- Others: collect information for HR on applicable laws and policies, create policy template, analyze data and inform management. Collect data for yearly reports for Executive Board, accreditation purposes, events, CBS, Ministry of Education, business cards, update CV’s and staff profiles. Compliance with “Arbo”legislation. Employee satisfaction surveys.
Position in the organization: Directly under the Executive Board and Heads of School
Which qualities are required from your end?
- Bachelor degree in Human Resource Management
- Minimum 5 years of relevant work experience.
- Excellent Dutch and English communication skills;
- Strong interpersonal and stakeholder management skills, leadership skills.
- Competent user of computer, database system, Microsoft office package, internet etc;
- Familiar with new (social) media in job seeking process
- Sound knowledge of up-to-date employment legislation
- Accurate with a systematic way of working, responsible, discrete and trustworthy;
Work location: Apeldoorn & travel within NL can be required
What does Wittenborg offer?
- Indication of fulltime gross salary is between €2500.- & €3000.- based on skills & experiences;
- Internal coaching, training, educational offers to support personal development;
- A truly international working environment with respect towards diversity and equality;
- Never-boring, changing & innovative organisation with flat organizational structure.
Become a candidate and please email your CV and a cover letter to the HR Director, Ms. Karen Penninga, – Klik op de solliciteer-button om te solliciteren –).
Reference number: HRM_17_KP Closing date: 10/12/2017