Data Governance Officer Tribe Data Management
Data Governance Officer – Tribe Data Management
We redefine banking. What about you?
There has never been a more interesting time to work at ING. We’re on a journey that’s centered around our customers, powered by technology and driven by smart, determined people. Our customers feel our people are empowering them to stay a step ahead in life and in business. We’re proud of that!
Would you like to work for a bank where honesty, integrity, and responsibility are valued? Are sustainability, caring for others, and thinking ahead part of your DNA? Do you want to make a difference for our customers thanks to our agile way of working? Then read what comes because ING might very well become your future employer.
Your role & work environment
In the development of a "Next Generation Digital Banking Platform", ING is renewing its data management capabilities as a global cornerstone in the Unite transformation. We realize a well-governed data lake that ensures data availability, common understanding of business terms, data quality is measured & issues are remediated, data is traceable and controlled in line with regulations (like KYC or GDPR): an ambitious implementation based on leading technology. We seek enthusiastic senior data governance analysts with a passion for data, knowledge, and experience in data management to ensure that our new generation data lake is optimally aligned with business requirements and terminology. You work in a multidisciplinary team ('squad') with data management analysts, risk experts, and data governance officers in the Data Management tribe to deliver a great business outcome. Are you looking for a position where you can explore and drive the business implementation of an Enterprise Data Governance program?
ING Belgium and ING Netherlands have begun intensive cooperation. This means that you have many contacts with employees of the Data Management tribe within ING Belgium and the Netherlands, with other tribes and with ING Group colleagues.
Your key responsibilities
- Collaborate closely with business and IT stakeholders in order to gather their data governance requirements, to understand their data, their (meta) data needs and business context;
- Workout the enterprise data governance strategy and roadmap, aligned with the Chief Data Officer;
- Develop and implement data governance framework, policies, data governance standards, data protection standards and adoption requirements across the enterprise conform the data governance roadmap;
- Monitor and control the data governance framework, policy, and standards;
- Ensure compliance with data related policies, standards, roles, and responsibilities defined by the regulator (GDPR, BCBS239) and at the ING group level. Implement and oversee data management controls at the strategic & tactical level for regulatory obligations (GDPR, BCBS239) while ensuring operability and maintainability in cooperation with business;
- Develop and implement data management processes at the enterprise level;
- Support CDO in the data councils;
- Define and report on indicators of performance and quality metrics;
- Define long term metadata strategy and capabilities;
- Set requirements for data quality, data lineage, data security, data privacy and other relevant aspects for business terms/data assets;
- Initiate data management improvements, set data quality, data security, data privacy, data issue remediation guidelines, and standards;
- Guide and coach others in the field of data management, such as data stewards in the business domains, and encourages the organization to become ‘data-minded’;
- Building bridges between Data Owners and Data Consumers;
We are looking for
A colleague with a talent for taking it on and making it happen, enthusiasm for helping others to be successful, and a knack for always being a step ahead. In other words, you strive to bring fresh ideas to life and embrace challenges in a fast-changing and complex environment. You are a naturally collaborative person who listens and invests in others to achieve common goals. You love to challenge the status quo and are eager to propose creative solutions to problems. You have a passion for data, sense for accuracy, and walk the talk.
- Deep knowledge and expertise of enterprise data governance framework, policy, and standards;
- Good understanding of business and technology issues related to the management of enterprise information assets;
- Thought industry knowledge on data management related government regulatory requirements (GDPR, BCBS239 and more);
- Broad knowledge and deep practical experience with data quality, data lineage, data security, data privacy, data life cycle management, data issue remediation, and other data-governance practices;
- Knowledge and experience with (meta) data modeling techniques and the development of conceptual, logical and dimensional data models and the safeguarding of their interdependence;
- Conceptually and analytically strong to make the right modeling choices.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing, to be able to align with various stakeholders.
- Excellent command of English in word and writing to define business terms (and Dutch/French is an asset).
- Enthusiastic personality, bringing pleasure and connection with the Agile way of working in multidisciplinary teams.
- Experience with the role of product owner or scrum master in case of a combined product owner and analyst function. Scrum certification.
- Experience with core banking, finance, or risk processes is an added value.
What we offer
A job from 36 to 40 hours and a unique offer that fits in with the times of today. We take into account your home situation and your ambitions and help you to balance work and private life. Discover our employment conditions.
To give you an idea, we will tell you about the benefits of working at ING:
- Excellent salary and good secondary benefits
- Pension scheme, 13th-month salary, 8% Holiday payment
- Individual Savings Contribution (BIS), 3.5% of your gross annual salary
- Working place in Amsterdam and travel reimbursement
- 36 to 40 hours workweek with the opportunity to balance work and private life
- 24 vacation days with a 36-hour workweek (27 with 40h)
- Working in a dynamic and international environment
- Working in an informal, innovative, knowledge-sharing culture
- An exciting challenge for people with an entrepreneurial attitude
- Personal growth with many opportunities to develop yourself
If you have any questions, please reach out to the recruiter that is linked to this vacancy. Are you already sure that you are the Data Management Analyst that we are looking for? Please apply with your resume and motivation, we love to hear from you!
Er is geen minimale opleiding vereist
Voor deze functie is er geen minimale werkervaring vereist