As a Mechanical Designer you are part of a multidisciplinary project team (approx 10 people). Together with this team the designer will be working on improvement and redesign and of a module of the Colorado 1640 wide format printer. The role within this team as a designer will be to improve functionality and media range, doing investigations in the mechanical domain, mainly micrometer transport and thermal. Also verification of functionality and translation to mono-disciplinary mechanical and software specifications are part of the job. This job has to be done in close cooperation with other disciplines so as to improve the module performance, usability and cost. Tools to achieve this goal are gathering requirements, create, evaluate and choosing concepts as well as prototyping, verification and validation of the media handling process.
- Candidate has a MSc background in Mechanical Engineering
- Knowledge of and experience with Matlab is required
- Knowledge of and experience with modelling of physical systems is required
- To be successful the candidate has good communicational skills, is creative and hands on
- Candidate has profound knowledge -verbal and written- of English. Knowledge of Dutch is advantageous
- Candidate is permissioned to work in the Netherlands, and able to provide, if requested, a certificate of conduct
Océ Technologies B.V.
- A Hightech company in Venlo