This role is part of the global Supply Chain Management function that develops commodity and contracting expertise working with all segments across the Organization. This position will implement, maintain, and improve the carrier governance program for transportation across the EMEAR region ensuring that the organization achieves best value in cost and service.
The EMEAR logistics network currently consists of over 12 distribution sites, 140 carriers, and $60M in transport spend. The first priority of this role will be to oversee the successful implementation of logistics service providers that result from regional and global sourcing projects. The purpose of these events being
to right size the network, establish carrier governance, and prepare the region for Integrated Logistics. The Transportation Manager will be critical in developing and leading carrier governance, driving carrier onboarding and implementation, building and maintaining market and carrier knowledge, leading carrier
event management, and identifying and developing continuous improvement across the carrier network. This role is also pivotal in supporting and sustaining ongoing transportation procurement.
• Become familiar with the local business arrangements currently in place for transportation
management. Understand and communicate key drivers for each business unit, including current
challenges, requirements, and constraints etc.
• Create and implement a regional carrier governance program. Set and drive cadence for standard
carrier and site business reviews.
• Develop, implement, and maintain transport performance management system; including internal
and external KPIs and carrier score carding.
• Implement carrier event management process and act as frontline support to site and carrier
escalations. Develop process to capture non conformities and issues within governance model
and future procurement.
• Support the selection of logistics service providers; ensuring operational performance, site
requirements, and local and regional knowledge is incorporated in procurement approach.
• Ensure there is an effective communication process within EMEAR as it concerns transport
operations, supply disruptions, and performance.
• Develop a network of relationships with carriers, transportation managers, and supply chain
• Identify and lead continuous improvement opportunities to improve transport quality, service, and
cost while reducing process complexity in EMEAR.
Education: A bachelor degree in a relevant subject. MBA and/or CPM, CPSM preferred.
Travel: Estimated travel is 25%
Experience: The ideal candidate will have significant experience and a track record of success in
transportation. He or she will be able to understand and have worked in an environment of long-term
strategic partnership arrangements, including scorecards and service level agreements. The candidate
should have had a substantial role in business with transportation experience and must demonstrate
competence in leadership and communication.
Skills: The candidate is results-oriented and an excellent communicator and has demonstrated the ability
to operate in a fast paced, continuous improvement environment and be able to apply a global project on a
local basis and achieve success for each stakeholder in the process.
Key skills include:
• Operational expertise
• Listening Skills
• Commodity knowledge
• Influencing Skills; internal and external
• Negotiating skills.
• Process management
• Integrity and Trust
• Supplier management and agreements
It concerns a challenging position with the potential opportunity to receive an employment agreement for an indefinite period of time.
Within the organization there are several development opportunities combined with multiple training courses.
The gross yearly remuneration lies between the range of €65000 and €75000, excluding holiday allowance. The company offers excellent employee benefits which are to be discussed.
You can expect to spend approximately 25% of your time traveling between the different locations.