Integrated Compliance – Principal Reporting (Job Scale 13)
ING Corporate Compliance is looking to hire an Integrated Compliance (IC) Principal Reporting.
The Reporting team is part of the Integrated Compliance (IC) Framework, Reporting & Innovation team, a new department within Corporate Compliance. As a Principal Reporting your purpose is to enable the compliance organisation to achieve insights in global compliance risks, avoid unnecessary surprises and you will support the Chief Compliance Officer (CCO) in steering the business within risk appetite. Together with the reporting team you share a collective responsibility to create oversight and insight so the CCO and MBB are properly informed about compliance risks and trigger additional regulatory pressure.
The Integrated Compliance Framework, Reporting & Innovation Reporting team will consist of 26 FTE of which 7 FTE directly in reporting.
Would you like to work in an area:
- That is effectuating significant and positive change?
- Where you can make a real impact?
- That is top priority for the whole of ING including the Management Board?
- Where you can help make the bank more compliant and ethical?
- Where you can take as much responsibility and ownership as you desire?
Then this is your opportunity, please read on!
What you'll do
As a Principal Reporting
- You create data-driven insight on compliance risks;
- You transform the compliance reporting organisation by leading the transition from detective reporting towards preventive reporting;
- You demonstrate to support the OneCompliance function by driving the way towards globally consistent reporting and consolidation and benchmarking of risks;
- You set the direction for structural data flow solutions and lead the adoption of data analytics in our risk identification and reporting processes;
- You achieve insights in global compliance risks, avoid unnecessary surprises;
- You support the Chief Compliance Officer in steering the business within risk appetite;
- You support, steer, strategize and develop the reporting team including all related activities e.g. HR related activities, performance management;
- You will also be a content matter expert and decision maker responsible for taking final decisions on specific files as well proposed solutions being implemented.
- You take ownership for specific reporting formats like the NFRD, Operational Compliance Dashboards
- You are the person to act on all regulatory/audit findings with regard to reporting and management information
Your work environment
- The IC team is part of the Corporate Compliance department (based in Amsterdam) (2nd LoD).
- The IC team is working together based on knowledge and expertise, as well as the skill set needed to best perform the job.
- The team is working with key internal stakeholders and offers an environment which provides a global overview on how the relevant IC requirements and controls are embedded within the business, and provides an opportunity to manage relationships with external stakeholders, regulators and supervisory institutions.
- You are an energetic, motivating person who can work as part of a multidisciplinary team with a can-do mentality;
- You work independently, think and act out of the box and take accountability;
- You have sufficient technical background to understand and steer data flows
- You are pragmatic and understand how ING’s business works
- You are a team player, you trust others and can be trusted;
- You proactively maintain contacts with stakeholders and external parties;
- You stimulate cross-border interaction and alignment;
- You give and ask constructive feedback;
- You inspire, motivate and help others to succeed;
- Furthermore, you adhere to the ING values and it is evident for you that your behaviour is fully aligned with these values. You are also prepared to take the Banker's Oath.
How to succeed
- You have very strong analytical results in order to translate qualitative subjective risks into quantitative forward-looking objective metrics able to distil key information out of overflow;
- You are able to make judgement calls;
- You prioritise supported by extensive risk management experience allowing to make assessments without having sufficient background on particular risk areas;
- You have sufficient understanding of the use of data within ING and build on structural data solutions;
- You challenge subject matter experts on their prioritisation and quantification of risks;
- You are able to speak up to senior risk managers and defend consistency in the approach;
- You have an university degree or equivalent;
- You have minimal 10 year experience in (non-financial) risk management activities or with a combination of front office experience;
- You have an excellent level of English (verbal/written).
What we offer
A job from 36 or 40 hours and a unique offer that fits in with the times of today. We take into account your home situation and your ambitions and help you to balance work and private life. Discover yourself our employment conditions.
To give you an idea, we will tell you about the benefits of working at ING:
- A salary tailored to your qualities and experience (Job Scale 13)
- Flexible working hours and the possibility to work at home
- Reimbursement for travel expenses
- 24 vacation days with a 36-hour working week. If you work 40 hours a week, you will receive 27 vacation days
- Pension scheme
- 13th month salary
- Individual Savings Contribution (BIS), 3.5% of your gross annual salary
- 8% Holiday payment
- Personal growth and challenging work with endless possibilities to realize your ambitions
- An informal working environment with innovative colleagues who strive for the very best
- Progressive way of working so that new ideas come to life.
- With around 52,000 employees and operations in approximately 40 countries, there is no shortage of opportunities for people with initiative who want to make a difference. We hire smart people like you for your potential, not your past. Our biggest expectation is that you’ll stay curious. Keep learning. Take on more responsibility. In return, we’ll back you to develop into an even more awesome version of yourself.
- If you want to work at the cutting edge of what’s possible, surrounded by progressive, inspiring and supportive colleagues, there is no better place to invest your talents than at ING.
Are you interested?
Please click on Apply, upload your CV & Motivation letter and join the Compliance team at ING. The application process consists of at least 2 interviews, in which we request both knowledge & skills and behavior & competences. Because this is a sensitive position, an extensive safety investigation will also be conducted.
Please fill-in your motivation letter (please fit into 1 page), and provide it combined with your up-to-date resumé through the vacancy.
Motivation: What attracts you to this position?
Explain your motivation in terms of:
- plans & ideas you have
- the fit with your own ambition & plans
- why you think you are a good fit in terms of technical skills, management skills and behavioural skills/orange code
Er is geen minimale opleiding vereist
Voor deze functie is er geen minimale werkervaring vereist