Initially, you will get to know the Hessels & van Rooij Engineering (H&R) company and become acquainted with its current methods and ongoing assignments. In addition, you will be required to take a training course to familiarise yourself with H&R's current computing programs, such as Matlab/Simulink, Mathcad and Ansys. Following this, you will work independently with analyses and calculations. Employees within H&R are respectful to one another and combine individual responsibility with the flexibility needed to make a small team work optimally. You will, therefore, have a high degree of independence and can rely on existing knowledge and experience. You will eventually be able to take over the leadership of the department and use it as an excellent opportunity to develop yourself. Within this role of Lead Engineer Strength & Fatigue Calculations, you will be responsible for the following:
- carrying out projects related to the strength and fatigue calculations of mechanical engineering constructions in automotive and offshore-oriented fields
- assessing constructions and setting a method of approach (including related planning for calculation)
- performing independent calculations and discussing these results with the customer
- initiating measurements of constructions for calculation models, or detecting the cause of problems encountered in constructions and drives
- implementation of these measurements
- conducting analysis and reporting your findings
- maintaining awareness of the latest technologies.
To be eligible for the role of Lead Engineer Strength & Fatigue Calculations, you must have the following:
- master degree in mechanical engineering
- strong affinity with strength and fatigue calculations and simulations experience in these areas is highly desirable
- knowledge of Matlab/Simulink, Mathcad and Ansys programs
- confidence to take over and strengthen the leadership of the department
- flexibility is necessary, as project-related activities may take place abroad
- ability to work in the Eindhoven region
- excellent communication skills in English and Dutch, both spoken and written
- only candidates with valid EU work visa will be considered as viable candidates
- an online assessment and screening can be part of the recruitment process.
Terms of employment
Royal IHC offers you as Lead Engineer Strength & Fatigue Calculations a challenging full-time job within a successful and dynamic company with a reputation for being a worldwide leader in technological innovation. In addition, we offer you a competitive salary and professional development opportunities.
Are you interested in the position of Lead Engineer Strength & Fatigue Calculations and do you recognise yourself in the job description? Please respond directly through our website: www.royalihc.com/careers or by using the apply button.
For more information about Royal IHC, the vacancy and the application process, please visit www.royalihc.com or call the Staffing department on +31 (0)88-015 4444.
Royal IHC does not approve of commercial, contractor and/or agency acquisition or commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered by IHC.
About Koninklijke IHC
As Lead Engineer Strength & Fatigue Calculations you will work at Hessels & van Rooij Engineering (H&R). This highly specialised advice and engineering company has more than 30 years of experience in: consultancy, finite elements, certification, measurement and control, and simulation. Located in Eindhoven, H&R is part of IHC IQIP and currently has five employees. It focuses on strength and lifetime calculations, simulations and consultancy for hydraulic and mechanical drive technology, and equipment for handling and installing foundation elements for offshore constructions and wind farms, and the maintenance of watercourses in the Netherlands, such as the Oosterscheldekering and the Maeslantkering.
IHC IQIP is part of Royal IHC and was formed in 2015 following a merger of IHC Fundex Equipment, IHC Hydrohammer, IHC Handling Systems and IHC Sea Steel. With more than 200 years of combined knowledge and experience, IQIP designs and delivers fully integrated and innovative solutions for installation, foundation and decommissioning activities to the civil engineering, offshore wind, and oil and gas markets.