At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
EY seeks a Power & Utilities professional with experience in driving transformations in network utilities transmission / distribution operations to join our EMEIA Digital Grid consulting practice. This is an exciting opportunity to join our team and be on the forefront digitising the network utilities operations to facilitate the energy transition. As part of the Digital Grid team, you will work with global companies combining your technical expertise, proven consulting skills and industry knowledge to help solve their most complex problems in the design and implementation of OT and flexibility systems and processes.
You will be responsible for driving sales and delivery of operational & flexibility transformation programmes, including implementation of ADMS, DERMS and market platforms. You will be expected to build valued relationships with external clients and internal peers and deliver our advisory services to clients. Drawing on your skills and experience, you will create innovative technology and business insights for clients, adapt EY methods and practices to fit the operational team and cultural needs, support in defining EY services in this space and contribute to industry leading thought leadership.
You will work with a high-performing team of industry and technology subject matter resources to advise our clients across EMEIA. As a respected professional, you will communicate effectively with client, EY peers, EY engagement directors, and contribute in high-performing engagement teams while coaching and mentor junior advisory roles to build sustainable competencies and collective wisdom.
Your key responsibilities
The IGO role is responsible for working with our clients to support the planning, design and delivery of digital grid programmes across EMEIA. The successful candidate will be:
- Advising our clients on the delivery of digital grid programmes and projects. Examples of typical client engagements for this role include:
- Contributing to our clients’ OT strategy, business case and roadmap
- Understanding and translating business needs into effective functional and non-functional requirements
- Designing the business and solution architecture for implementing OT solutions
- Developing detailed activity, resource and cost plans for implementing OT solutions
- Supporting the procurement and evaluation of OT products and services (e.g. ADMS, DERMS, market platforms etc.)
- Designing business processes in utility operations while navigating the organisational change that comes with programmes of this scale
- Driving go-to-market and sales activities for IGO opportunities across EMEIA. Example responsibilities include:
- Driving development of a differentiating set of IGO solutions and services to meet our clients needs
- Organising sales campaigns and collaborating with local EY firms to identify, incubate and pursue IGO opportunities
- Shaping proposals and commercial propositions that align with customer needs and differentiate EY from the competition
- Generating and maintaining customer-oriented commercial material and participating in or leading their engagements
- Building and maintaining relationships with existing and future clients
- Developing thought leadership articles and new digital grid insights to put into the market
- As part of the leadership and a high-performing, geographically dispersed team focused on winning in the market, you will be responsible for the following:
- Efficiently allocating team resources to various delivery engagements and sales pursuits
- Further developing the skillsets of team resources and provide a pathway to professional development and growth
- Supporting a culture of collaboration, inclusiveness, joint purpose and high performance across a geographically dispersed team
- Growing the team with additional sales and deliver resources to meet the market demand
Skills and attributes for success
The IGO role will have an ability to translate this skills, experience and attributes into tangible outcomes that benefit EY and our clients. This includes:
- Driving sales and revenue growth for IGO
- Building the brand and market presence of EY in the IGO space
- Engaging the market and generating IGO opportunities within EMEIA
- Managing pipeline of opportunities throughout the sales development lifecycle
- Converting opportunities into multi-million dollar projects for EY
- Driving revenue into the IGO team for the delivery of these projects
- Delivering high value services for our clients in their IGO transition
- Defining the activities, milestones and resources required for new projects
- Staffing the right mix of skills required to deliver against project scope
- Ensuring quality of deliverables regarding IGO content
- Managing client relationships to ensure EY meets the needs of the client
To qualify for the role you must have
- Significant experience (15+ years) working as a business consultant to Power & Utilities network clients
- Proven sales experience in Power & Utilities consulting, including the ability to launch advisory solutions, drive go-to-market activities, build pipeline and lead proposals
- Experience in consultative selling and the ability to engage clients and internal stakeholders on critical industry / digital grid subject matter topics
- Experience in leading, developing and growing teams of power & utilities business consultants
- Knowledge of power & utilities business model, operational practices, organisations and energy transition challenges (focused on EMEIA region)
- Proven experience working with projects in the Power & Utilities sector, including with systems and applications such as:
- Advanced Distribution Management Systems (ADMS),
- Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA),
- Outage Management Systems (OMS),
- Energy Management Systems (EMS),
- Distribution Management Systems (DMS),
- Distributed Energy Resource Management Systems (DERMS),
- Market Management Systems (MMS),
- Data management and analytics,
- Familiarity with applicable project management and execution methodologies
- Proficiency in English language, with the ability to communicate both written and verbally at professional level (additional language skills would be appreciated)
- Strong analytical, problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Ability to work under tight timelines for multiple project deliveries
- Willingness and ability to travel from time to time domestically and internationally to meet client needs
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Proficiency in other languages including French, Spanish, German, Italian or Arabic
- Experience working with multiple utilities across Europe, Middle East and Africa
- Experience in operating within a hub-and-spoke model with a strong EMEIA-based subject matter team and local offices
- Strong network of relationships with both clients and technology providers
- Keen understanding of the IGO technology landscape and strong understanding of the vendor ecosystem
What we look for
We are looking for passionate energy professionals that are excited about the changing dynamics of our industry, including implications regarding the Energy Transition, Net Zero commitments and the sustainability agenda.
These professionals should want to be at the centre of the action of these changing dynamics, focused on being a key contributor in driving this transaction, not just a sideline observer. Our ideal candidate has a firm opinion on what the industry needs to do with drive this transformation and is already actively engaged within the various industry stakeholders in that conversation. This candidate brings that passion and energy into their work every day and uses it to drive value for our clients.
What we offer
As part of this role, you'll work in a highly integrated, global team with the opportunity and tools to grow, develop and drive your career forward. Here, you can combine global opportunity with flexible working. The EY benefits package goes above and beyond too, focusing on your physical, emotional, financial and social well-being. Your recruiter can talk to you about the benefits available in your country. Here’s a snapshot of what we offer:
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
Please apply to this role only through the ‘Apply’ link (not through the local office). Your application will then be routed to the appropriate recruiting team.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.