Get on board with Damen Naval, along with more than 1,200 professionals based in Vlissingen, Schiedam, Romania, Germany, and Indonesia. We are the marine division of the family-owned Damen Shipyards Group which employs globally 12,000 professionals. Damen Naval supplies advanced naval vessels to customers all over the world. With a passion for technological innovation and sustainable solutions, we continue to push the boundaries in the shipbuilding sector. You can be part of our team! Are you ready for duty?
Are you ready to take your procurement skills to the next level? Damen Naval in Vlissingen is in search of a seasoned Interim Tactical Purchaser to join our project teams and make an impact in the world of maritime innovation.
As Interim Tactical Purchaser at Damen Naval, you will play a crucial role within one or more project teams, guided by our Project Manager Procurement. Your mission? To efficiently procure products, materials, services, and outsourcing activities in alignment with project objectives and timelines.
As Tactical Purchaser (Project Based), you will be responsible for:
- Monitoring and reporting on cost trends for key commodities.
- Ensuring the completeness and accuracy of supplier contracts, considering all cost variables.
- Conducting research, qualification, and evaluation of suppliers and sub-contractors on a project basis.
- Initiating market research and fostering supplier development to establish and maintain a dependable supply base.
- Spearheading improvement processes with suppliers, driven by supplier qualification and evaluation.
- Collaborating in category management, defining category strategies, and executing them effectively.
- Providing dependable data for budgeting and cost price calculations.
- Developing and maintaining quotation evaluations and critical performance metrics.
- Managing and coordinating the entire procurement process, from specification to selection, evaluation, contracting, contract management, and aftercare, following established procedures and project boundaries.
- Crafting proposals for standardization, forging framework contracts, and diligently monitoring and upkeeping them.
Skills & experience
As Tactical Purchaser (Project Based), you need to have:
- Technical Bachelor degree, preferably accompanied by Nevi-1 and Nevi-2 certifications or a willingness to enrol in these courses.
- A minimum of five years of hands-on experience in a technical environment, with a strong background in procurement.
- Exceptional negotiation skills, combined with assertiveness and a self-directed, well-organized approach.
- Proficiency in both Dutch and English, both written and spoken.
- Excellent references antecedents because a pre-employment security screening is a standard part of the recruitment procedure.
- Permanent EU citizenship combined with an EU work visa are both required for our employees given the military nature of projects.
What we offer
At Damen Naval, we highly value our employees, and we will support your professional and personal development. We also provide our employees with:
- A competitive salary and 8% holiday pay.
- 27 holidays and 13 ADV days.
- Travel allowance of 0.21 cents per kilometre.
- PME-pension arrangement with an employer contribution of 60%
- Profit sharing based on company results.
- Flexible home working policy and other benefits including a bicycle plan and company fitness.
Are you interested in the position of Tactical Purchaser (Project Based), and do you recognise yourself in the job description? Please respond directly via the Damen Career Portal.
For more information about the vacancy, Damen Naval or the application process, please visit the Damen Naval website, the Damen Career Portal or call the Corporate Recruitment department on +31 (0)118- 485 000.
Please note that only candidates with a permanent EU citizenship together with a valid permanent EU work visa can be considered as viable candidates. A pre-employment and security screening and investigation form part of the recruitment process.
Damen Naval does not approve commercial, contractor and/or agency or other commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and they will not be considered. #LI-DNS1