Working at Jumbo means working in an international agile-minded working environment with many technical challenges. As a Principal Java Developer, you will focus on the backend of our e-commerce platform. Our platform has to keep up with our everyday growing customer base, and that's why we are looking for the best developers. Are you a software craftsman who can write maintainable, clean, and testable code, but can also contribute to the development of a team? Then this is your chance to join our Jumbo development family!
Jumbo Tech Campus: Let’s make IT amazing!
Jumbo is the second-largest supermarket chain in the Netherlands and has a great ambition for its online presence. We are transforming into a more technology-focused company. At our Jumbo Tech Campus, all technical professionals are brought together. We are organized based on agile principles and our 350 IT professionals work in multi-disciplinary scrum teams. You will work on innovative products and services which we release more and more by continuous delivery. So, you will be working today on the newest food experience that our customers will be able to use tomorrow!Your main tasks as a Java developer
- You play an important role in re-architecting our platform from a monolithic architecture to a Microservices architecture deployed in Amazon Web Services (AWS);
- You write maintainable and clean code which you continuously test;
- You are part of one of our scrum teams and work closely with front-end developers and DevOps engineers. All our teams are agile, working in Scrum or Kanban;
- You try to coach team members as much as possible: review each other’s code and try to learn from each other.
As a Java developer, you will be part of one of our scrum teams. Each team has all the skills to implement a user story from A to Z. Your agile team consists of developers, business analyst, tester, scrum master, product owner, and DevOps engineers. Together you will work in sprints of two weeks.Ben jij...
Do you have the Jumbo DNA?
We are looking for Java developers with a passion for their craft, who care about the code's quality and the products they create. You enjoy working in a Scrum-based team. You do not wait for things to happen, you make things happen. You have a passion for software development and love sharing it with your colleagues.
- At least 6 years of experience as a Java developer, preferably in an e-commerce environment;
- You are a software craftsman. You care about the code you write, and you promote software development best practices and principles within the team and the department;
- You have experience with Java 12, Spring Framework, JUnit, Hibernate, and Tomcat as well as with development tools like Jenkins, Git, Chef, and Maven;
- The code you write is shipped with tests. TDD is not a must, but encouraged;
- Continuous delivery is not a mystery to you;
- In Git we trust!