Do you have experience as a Naval Architect in the shipbuilding industry? Would you like to be part of a ambitious team that designs complex ships? Would you like to join an established player in the shipbuilding industry? Then this is the job for you!
As Naval Architect you will work in the basic engineering department consisting of a team of Naval Architects and engineers from other disciplines. You be responsible for translating customer requirements into a basic design. Initial step is to conduct an opportunities and risk analysis to assess the feasibility.
Furthermore, you will have the following tasks:
- Performing calculations and making drawings as: weight calculations, lines plan, stability calculations, resistance and propulsion calculations and tank plan a.o.;
- Responsible for the ship design and layout incl. 2D and 3D models;
- Check and verify the basic engineering package for any abnormalities and further discussions with stakeholders;
- Serve as a source of information (regarding technical questions) for other engineers and external parties;
- Production of intermediate and periodic reports and / or analyses.
As Naval Architect you meet the following requirements:
- BEng. BSc. or MSc. in Naval Architecture or equivalent;
- 5+ years’ experience as a Naval Architect (Basic design) in the shipbuilding or Yacht building industry;
- Knowledge of the applicable rules and regulations, both local and international;
- Analytical, communication skills and problem solving;
- Command of the English language, both spoken and written.
Depending on professional and personal situation, we offer the Naval Architect a suitable benefits package, We would like to explain this in a personal conversation.