Jobco Support is voor werkgever op zoek naar een Data Center Lead Technician.
POSITION PURPOSE: The Data Center Lead Technician provides services to support the physical IT Structure. They assemble and implement hardware solutions, troubleshoot and provide technical support to internal and external customers.
In addition to the above, the Lead Technician will directly supervise and oversee the day-to-day operations of the Data Center Hardware Team. Responsible for new order turn-ups, customer support escalations and special requests, and overseeing and assisting the setup of new cabinet turn-ups along with daily team workload management.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create and maintain customer loyalty by serving customers above and beyond their expectations
- Provide technical support to our customer via phone, email and live chat
- Provide direction and supervision of Data Center Hardware Team
- Seek to improve processes and procedures with the goal of delivering the highest level of service to our customers
- Promote a strong culture committed to service quality through the successful execution of repeatable, well-designed processes
- Monitor all Hardware operations including order systems and floor work to ensure that resources and systems are leveraged to maximize productivity and service excellence
- Identifies training needs for employees and actively coaches team members to ensure that there is constant improvement in their technical skills and productivity
- Ability to prioritize workload and meet deadlines to ensure that operations are not adversely impacted
- Make recommendations for changes and improvements and communicate to Support Services Management
- Manage special projects as needed
- Meet and/or exceed and maintain service levels as assigned by management
- Maintain communication with functional managers and management to ensure issues are resolved
- Monitor work queues to ensure 100% compliance with SLAs
- Other duties as assisgned
Due to the necessary technical duties of this position in a 24/7 operation, candidate may be required to be on call and/or work various shifts such as weekends and/or evenings.
- 5+ years technical experience
- 1 - 3 years in a supervisory/management role, in a NOC or Data Center environment
- 1 - 3 Years previous Linux/UNIX experience in a server environment
- Knowledge of day-to-day data center operation tasks, including rack/stack, network switch/port configuration, server decommissioning
- Strong cable management skills and experience managing fiber & copper in a data center environment
- Ability to document complex problem resolution summaries and repetitive tasks
- Ability to demonstrate effective teaming and interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, eventually Dutch
- Excellent analytic, organization and project management skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Must be comfortable working in a high stress, fast paced environment with shifting priorities
- Ability to successfully interface with a wide range of personnel within the organization
- Self-driven with a take charge attitude while exercising good judgment in a rapid paced environment
- Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
Approx. € 60.000,-