About the Job
We are currently seeking multiple lantern-making artisan who are specialized in light show constructions and can take part in the preparation work before a light exhibition (e.g. lanterns making), the maintenance during the show, and the dismantling after the show. The working time for this job is on short-time project base, for roughly two months, depending how sure the dates are.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Make lanterns by welding up the customized steel sculptures and pasting the fabric on the shaped steel objects;
- Put on the light bulbs in the lanterns and wire up
- Maintain the lanterns during the show (be able to find out and solve the problem generated by the light objects in a short time)
- Dismantle the light objects after the show.
Position Requirements & Standards:
- Read and understand the lights design plan
- Good ability of the spatial imagination and ability to make 3D light sculptures based on the plane design.
- Have good knowledge about Chinese cultural lantern festival and the typical Chinese symbols (which are usually exhibited light objects during China Light Show)
- Strong knowledge of electricity and have a valid electricity certificate
- Ability to speak English/ Chinese, preference for Chinese speaking/people with knowledge of Chinese culture