Bedrijf: Hotel Des Indes
- Responsible for overseeing and directing all aspects of the kitchen.
- Provides functional assistance and directions to all kitchen departments.
- Interacts with individuals outside the Hotel including, but not limited to, guests, suppliers, governmental officials, competitors and other members of the local community.
- Supervises the function of all kitchen employees, facilities and costs and contribute to maximizing the overall food & beverage departmental profit.
- Controls and analyses on an on-going basis the following:
- Quality levels of production and presentation including the employees cafeteria
- Guest Satisfaction / Merchandising and marketing / Payroll & Food Cost / Cleanliness, sanitation and hygiene and ensures optimal performance in all above mentioned areas
- Establishes and maintains effective employee relations and inter-departmental working relations.
- Conducts such functions as interviewing, hiring, orientation, performance appraisal, coaching, counseling and suspension if necessary.
- Develops formal training programs with the training coordinator and ensures that they are followed and completed.
- Is responsible for the preparation of menus and participates in the pricing policy in consulting with the Food & Beverage Manager and Food Cost Controller, by taking in consideration the following: Local requirements / Market needs / Competition / Trends / Recipes / Potential Cost / availability of Food & Beverage products / merchandising and promotion.
- Attends and contributes to all meetings called for.
- Establishes and an up-to-date standard recipe file for all food items including: Sales History / Actual Cost / Potential Cost / Par stock / Production Time / Food pricing / Portion sizes.
- Instructs the staff of the hotels fire regulations, safety, health and hygiene regulations and how to operate the Kitchen firefighting equipment.
- Supervises in cooperation with the Sous Chef the work attendance records for the kitchen staff and ensures that all vacation and leave has been taken by the end of each year.
- In conjunction with the Sous Chef and F&B Assistant, controls supplies, cost, quality/price ratio, size of orders, storage conditions
- Makes sure that all merchandise cheeked and used before the freshness date expires, and adapt stock levels and production to predicted activity levels.
- Ensures that a 0-Stock is enforced with the assistance of the Food Cost Controller and Purchasing Director.
- Makes sure that standard recipes are respected.
- Controls department, costs and charges.
- Learns the local health authorities sanitation and hygiene requirements.
- Ensures that local & hotel’s standards of cleanliness, hygiene and sanitation are maintained.
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace. (Dutch & English)
- Most tasks are performed in a team environment with the employee acting as a team leader. There is minimal direct supervision.
- Must possess basic computer skills.
- Ability to apply supervisory /management soft skills.
Is preparing and designing food your ultimate passion? Are you a great leader and can you inspire a team? Are you ready to take the next step in your culinary carreer? This is your job!
Hotel Des Indes is looking for a new Executive Chef and it could be you!