As a Lead Automation Engineer, you will prepare designs for the automation process, particularly for dredger installations in the Information and Automation area within ongoing projects. You will provide advice on what you consider to be the best working methods and evaluate the designs. If necessary, you will also provide technical support and be a point of contact for customer queries.
You will also offer technical support and continually coordinate the progress of the project with the relevant manager. Part of your role may involve working on board a ship (during handover and if breakdowns occur after commissioning, for example).
RequirementsTo be eligible for the position of Lead Automation Engineer, you must have the following:
- be qualified to a higher professional (HBO) level in terms of working and thinking, with a focus on E or W
- demonstrable design experience in process automation
- knowledge of guidelines, standards, legislation and rules relating to inspection agencies, along with an understanding of control techniques
- the ability to work well under pressure while maintaining a high level of accuracy
- a practical, goal-oriented attitude and be willing to work in a rapidly changing environment
- an approachable nature and a customer-oriented focus
- be comfortable working in a team and experience in managing or supervising technical colleagues
- an excellent command of English, with moderate Dutch skills preferable
- only candidates with EU work visa (residents) will be considered as viable candidates.
Terms of employmentRoyal IHC offer you a challenging full time job within a successful and dynamic company with a reputation for being a worldwide leader in technological innovation. In addition, we offer you a competitive salary, professional development opportunities, travel allowance, profit share, pension allowance, training courses and at least 40 days of leave per year.
Contact informationAre you interested in the position of Lead Automation Engineer and do you recognise yourself in the job description? Please respond directly through our website: www.royalihc.com/careers or by using the apply button.
For more information about Royal IHC, the vacancy and the application process, please visit www.royalihc.com or call the Staffing department on +31 (0)88 015 4444
www.twitter.com/ihcjobs www.facebook.com/royalihc www.linkedin.com/company/royalihc
Royal IHC does not approve of commercial, contractor and/or agency acquisition or commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered by IHC.