Bedrijf: Conscious Hotels
- Based in the Netherlands, preferably Amsterdam and fluent in Dutch and English.
- Hospitality DNA, genuine, so no genetic modifications pls
- Extravert (outgoing personality) Not afraid to talk, able to connect. Not on market guy volume though
- Wants to save the planet, but no sustainability door bitch
- As all our F&B items are organic, you should have a lot of affinity with organic and sustainable trends.
- Egoist, not, team player of course
- Is not suffering from a lack of knowledge (Google provides half the answers ;-))
- Flexible (not necessarily in a gymnast way)
- You have some (significant) experience in coffee bars
- You have a hospitality mind-set, the very meaning of the word
- At least some higher education (you can read and think for yourself)
- Have experience in making great coffee
- Have knowledge of HACCP
A social animal, awesomeness, people and planet (sometimes profit) person
Exciting things are about to happen within Conscious Hotels! The next two years we will grow with no less than 2 hotels. Besides the existing Conscious Hotel Vondelpark and Conscious Hotel Museum Square, our 3rd hotel will open in the end of 2016 in Amsterdam; the 4th hotel will open in 2018.
And within this new 3rd hotel, new F&B outlets are taking shape: Restaurant MOER and coffee- and Eco-Pastry Bar Sticky Fingers.
A day in the life of a barista at Sticky Fingers would be: you take charge of your domain–from calibrating the espresso machine (aka your baby) to keeping everything beautifully organized. You manage inventory, ordering, quality, equipment maintenance, and training - with ongoing educational classes from you and our coffee supplier, you make sure the whole team is always up to speed and in the know. You make each and every guest’s day great with friendly conversation and flawless execution of coffee, Matcha, and tea drinks. You sample current menu offerings, chat seasonality, and share promotions -you can’t wait to tell your regulars about how delicious the new seasonal pastry is with our coffee.
As our barista at Sticky Fingers, you have no problem at all memorizing multiple orders at once, running a marathon during a shift is something you do with two fingers up your nose. You constantly monitor the situation for the counter and in the lobby. This means that you are aware of guests in a hurry, guests tired from their travels and just arrived to check in, when and where are empty glasses and which guest need a little chat.
You are service oriented and you might be able to help them with some fun things to do in Amsterdam, or enlighten them about what we are doing (and why) here at Conscious Hotels, Restaurant MOER and Sticky Fingers. Guests are happy with you and know your name. You want to exceed their expectations, in service and value.
As we strive to have a full pastry bar every day of the week you need to be able to cope with the stress and pressure; but that’s part of what makes this job fun, right? Of course the bar needs to be properly stocked, so that is your job too. You make sure the pastry bar is tidy, so our guests don’t trip over anything hazardous. We don’t want them to get hurt. You are a team player, you keep the pastry bar area running smoothly and help out when other team members need you.
So, what is this Sticky Fungers we love you to apply for?
Sticky Fingers is a bit cheeky:
- Indulge yourself. Spoil your senses and tickle your taste buds. Mouth-watering treats, amazing coffee and good laughs. Take away or stay all day. It’s always a good moment to treat yourself.
- Leave it to us to make delicious, good-looking delights.
- No worries, just bite right in.
- We know it’s that good, so feel free to lick your fingers, you know you want to.
- Whatever your desire, savory or sweet, we have the perfect treat; any time, any plate. Nobody leaves without being spoiled.