• Leadership position on assignments, leading team of product developers within a project. End-responsible for product functioning and technology.
• Definition of product and system architecture.
• Design, analysis, testing and release of systems and sub-systems.
• Actively manage design reviews, risk analysis and FMEAs.
• Champion the management and traceability of requirements in the project teams
• Use of critical thinking to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
• Display a knack for complex problem solving by evaluating options and implementing solutions.
• Composure, conflict management, timely decision making, listening skills, self-motivation, and perseverance are all requirements of this position.
• Must be able to thrive in a fast paced, team oriented, new product development environment.
• Mentoring of junior engineers on technical issues, problem solving strategies, and engineering principles.
• Team lead / Coordinator between team members (M-DEV, E-DEV, SW-DEV content owners)
The Connected Health Devices and Pain Relief teams are part of Innovation Site Eindhoven. They focus on the development of mostly medical Over-The-Counter products for health management (connected scale, blood pressure meters, thermometers, wearables) and pain relief (PulseRelief, BleuTouch and InfraCare products). The teams are responsible for the development and realization of new product propositions. The Innovation Site Eindhoven is looking at challenging growth targets to bring faster, more new ideas to the global market.
Within the team, the Development Lead / Product Architect is the central point of contact for the technical execution of a product proposition. The team is working on new product introductions as well as life cycle management of products in the market, where the development lead / architect spends typically 70-80% of the time on new product introductions. The Development Lead / Product Architect interacts daily with Project Manager, Industrial Designers, Advanced Manufacturing Engineers, Process Engineers, Marketing & Business as well as 3th party suppliers.
We are looking for:
• You have a background in a relevant Engineering field (Mechanical, Electrical, Physics), and an academic working level (masters/engineer).
• You bring +/- 8 years of relevant engineering experience, and are able to handle a wide range of technical fields (mechanics, electrical, physics and SW)
• You have a track record of Team Lead responsibility in new product development in a multi-cultural and multi-site mode – ability to work across boundaries
• Proven experience of developing consumer related products from concept development to market launch with key involvement & experience throughout this path (concept, detailed design, manufacturing and life-cycle-management)
• You have a proven track record of creating and managing product development requirements in a medical device setting
• Furthermore you have a demonstrated history of engineering design work, preferably in a medical device industry (FDA regulation). Experience with IEC and UL regulations is a nice to have.
• Integration of electrical components inside a mechanical embodiment (thermal management, EMC, wiring, PCB, display…)
• For the connected health devices products, experience with BTLE, WiFi integration in consumer products is a preferred
• For the pain relief products, experience in optics, mechanics and thermal management is a preferred
• You’re well experienced in communication with suppliers for manufacturing, cost estimation
• Fluent in English (oral & written)
• Your scope is international – some travelling (typically 10%) is part of this role.