PLAXIS applications are used to create and manipulate models of soil and structures (for example foundations of high rise office towers, tunnels, dikes). They offer diverse functionalities, such as: highly interactive CAD-like graphical user input (both 2D and 3D), geometric calculations, intuitive visualization of calculation results and interfacing with finite element kernels. For our Software Engineering team we are currently looking for a:
Python Software Engineer
The main task of the Python Software Engineer will be the development of custom solutions using the Plaxis software as either a target platform or as a component in a larger system. This will include:
- Cooperating with our researchers to define the technical aspects of the work that needs to be performed to address customer needs
- Investigating and integrating third-party libraries for functionality such as statistics, reporting, importing/exporting data, visualization, etc.
- Identifying parts of projects that should become part of a standard library, combined with designing and setting up that library so that we can implement solutions with increasing efficiency
- Building user interfaces for the solutions, which may use the command line, Jupyter, PySide/PyQt, or other technologies.
- Excellent knowledge of and proven experience working in Python
- Able to work autonomously on, and find solutions for challenging problems
- BSc or MSc degree in engineering or computer science, or proven equivalent experience
- An interest in working on highly technical simulation software is an advantage.
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Stimulating innovative and knowledge-driven work environment where your experience and contribution is valued
- Advanced, quality-oriented workflow with distributed version control, automated build and test environments, code reviews and an agile mindset
- Our Joel Test score is 11 out of 12
- Being part of one of the top 5 most successful Dutch software companies according to Main/ICT-Office Software Top 50.
How to apply
Fill in the form on our website (http://bit.ly/29yXnU8) and send an application letter stating your motivation for this job, together with your resume (CV) and a code sample written by you (approximately 1000 lines in Python). Or send all the required documents, to vacancies[at]plaxis.com (stating vacancy number 16-17).
At Plaxis we are very good at computational geomechanics and focused on developing, marketing and supporting the PLAXIS finite element-based software applications for soil and rock analyses. Our software is used all over the world by thousands of engineers faced with challenging construction projects (for example foundations, deep excavations, tunnels, dikes and offshore constructions). In addition to the PLAXIS software, we offer our customers educational services through workshops, courses and training and we offer them expert advice. The educational services are offered as public events, webinars and in-house events at customer location.
It is our goal to become the vendor of choice of even more customers. To stay on top and to reach even more customers we keep enriching and improving our software every day. We are always looking for talented new employees who want to work with us towards reaching this goal.
Additional information can be obtained from Andrei Chesaru, Manager Software Engineering or Karin Hijma, HR Manager via +31(0)15-2517756.