As the Lead Electrical Engineer, you will coordinate - and be responsible for - electrotechnical work relating to propulsion systems on new dredging and offshore vessels. You will take final responsibility for electrical propulsion, energy generation and automation, and convert customer needs into technical specifications.
RequirementsIn addition, you will provide technical support and advice on what you consider to be the best working methods, and collate component lists and associated material specifications. You will be the point of contact for queries from customers, suppliers and colleagues, while coordinating the progress of each project with the relevant manager. To be eligible for this position, you must have the following:
- a higher professional education (HBO), or equivalent, in electrotechnology and have appropriate experience
- at least five years of experience in a similar role
- wide technical knowledge with regard to generators, switchboards, frequency regulators and other electrical installations on board ships
- experience in the dredging and/or offshore industries
- an excellent command of English, with moderate Dutch skills preferable
- knowledge of standards, safety regulations, and quality and approval requirements
- a practical, enterprising and goal-oriented attitude
- enjoy working in a team, and be prepared to work in an organisation that is growing
- Only candidates with EU work visa (residents) will be considered as viable candidates.
Terms of employmentRoyal IHC offer you a challenging full time job within a successful and dynamic company with a reputation for being a worldwide leader in technological innovation. In addition, we offer you a competitive salary, professional development opportunities, travel allowance, profit share, pension allowance, training courses and at least 40 days of leave per year.
Contact informationAre you interested in the position of Lead Electrical Engineer and do you recognise yourself in the job description? Please respond directly through our website: www.royalihc.com/careers or by using the apply button.
For more information about Royal IHC, the vacancy and the application process, please visit www.royalihc.com or call the Staffing department on +31 (0)88-015 4444.
www.twitter.com/ihcjobs www.facebook.nl/royalihc www.linkedin.com/company/royalihc
Royal IHC does not approve of commercial, contractor and/or agency acquisition or commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered by IHC.