Bedrijf: Andaz Amsterdam Prinsengracht
- We are looking for a candidate ideally with a diploma in food production.
- In addition we expect a minimum of 2 year's work experience as Chef de partie or 3-4 years as Commis in a hotel or restaurant with good standard; preferably with experience in luxury international brands.
- Comprehensive knowledge of kitchen hygiene practices and occupational health and safety standards will be essential.
- A creative, motivated and hands-on personality would fit both the position and Hyatt´s organization culture perfectly.
- Proficiency in English is very important.
Hyatt has redefined the hotel experience that reflects the Hindi meaning of "Andaz, personal style". Local inspirations, simplified luxuries, uncompromised service and leading edge design all create the Andaz concept which is growing worldwide.
Uncomplicated, sophisticated, young-at-heart, genuine, hospitable, vibrant....what do these words mean to you? Do they describe you or even more, the way you love to work and the people you want to work with? If so, then come be a part of the Andaz Amsterdam Prinsengracht! The hotel combines the best of lifestyle and boutique hotels with a contemporary and personal approach. The hotel offers 117 artistically inspired spacious guestrooms ranging between 27 and 36 sq m and 5 luxury suites ranging from 55 to 141 sq m.
In this role you will report directly to the (Junior) Sous Chef and will be responsible to supervise the assigned station of the kitchen, in order to prepare a consistent, high quality product and ensure courteous, professional, efficient and flexible service that supports Bluespoon's restaurant operating concept and Hyatt International standards.
This includes the following responsibilities:
- Works in and oversees the assigned station and the relevant colleagues to ensure that food products are prepared according to the standard required.
- Trains the culinary colleagues as necessary in the preparation and presentation of the items.
- Maintains the assigned station in a clean and orderly manner at all times.
- Follows standard recipes and minimize waste to help ensure that the restaurant food cost is in line with budget.
- Suggests alternative menu items, meet specific customer requests and interact with customers to meet and exceed their culinary expectations.