(Sustainable) investing plays an important role within NN. You help our businesses and stakeholders to stay updated with environmental regulations, so there is a great understanding of the impact on the portfolios. This helps all stakeholders to make the soundest decisions.
This job offers you a monthly salary between € 5175 and €7393 depending on your experience. This is based on a 36-hour work week, excluding a 13th month and holiday allowance.
Your impact as Investment Controller at NN Group Finance
This is truly one of the most dynamic jobs you can find as a Controller. You will be working in an international setting where you connect with colleagues all over the world. You ensure you are aware of the most up-to-date, applicable legislation (IFRS, ESG, Solvency). You will therefore (digital) meet your colleagues regularly to discover what’s happening in their local environment. What should be implemented and what significant changes are needed in financial accounting and reporting?
At the same time, you will be involved in multiple projects. In this role you oversee accounting (e.g., hedge programs), you support new developments (Business, Strategic, and Regulatory driven) and you take care of analyses & reporting.
With your team you oversee the investment result of 11 international NN business units, with over 150 billion of assets in various types. Thanks to your spot-on translation from number to meaning, all stakeholders can count on solid management information.
- You are the business partner and financial advisor our management teams dare to trust on because of your clearly explained financial highlights and risks
- You work closely with third party service providers (including accountants and auditors) and co-ordinate their work within the Investment Value stream
- Everything there is to know about International Financial & Reporting Standards (IFRS 9), Hedge Accounting, Solvency II standards, and the NN Group key financial metrices is in your head
- You coordinate onboarding/roll out of new strategies, change in regulation, and financial instruments within our Value stream Investment Operations
- You accurately manage all stakeholder expectations. How do the investments perform, what happens in the economy, and how do we respond?
You will be part of the Performance Analytics team within the mid-office stream, a diverse and international team of financial professionals. The mid-office stream consists of four departments, Pricing & Valuation, Oversight & Control, Business Implementation, and Performance Analytics. We really come from all over the world: China, India, Southern America, Greece, Belgium, and The Netherlands. That fits perfectly with our international investment portfolio. We have the ambition to optimise the NN investment portfolios.
We like to learn from each other, so we are open to ideas, thoughts, talents, and different personalities. We love to collaborate with other teams to achieve the best outcomes. We have a great young professional community where you can learn from more experienced colleagues and where you can expand your network.
Fun is also important to us, so we are present at barbecues at the beach and the North Sea Jazz event. In November we’re going go-karting.
Who you are
You can stand your ground, which is helpful in an environment where people ask a lot of our team. You can say ‘no’ and at the same time make people feel good because of your strong motivation behind it.
You do not only communicate, but you also really connect with people. You ask questions and you listen, which makes you a strong liaison. Furthermore, you have:
- A master’s degree in the field of finance/economics (additionally CFA/CAIA/FRM is an advantage)
- Approximately 3 years of relevant experience in a similar role within the financial sector or in asset management
- Knowledge of and experience in IFRS, ESG and Solvency II
- Strong analytical skills and you know how to translate data into valuable management information. You do that in flawless English. Do you speak Dutch as well? That’s a plus
It is important to us that you continue to develop yourself. We give you the space and the confidence to grow in your career and as a person. We help you with:
- Plenty of training and learning opportunities in our Learning & Development Centre
- A large (international) network of colleagues who are keen to share their knowledge with you
- The autonomy to steer your own development path
You are more than a colleague, and that is something we understand very well at NN. You have many roles in life, leading to different choices. At NN we give you the opportunity to select employee benefits that are important to you. For instance, buying additional leave days and flexible working hours. In consultation with your manager and your direct colleagues, you can work from any location at any time. You get enough flexibility to adjust your working pattern to your personal needs. Another part of the benefits is (currently online) sports lessons and a special allowance to set up your home office and internet use. In addition, you will receive:
- Collective pension scheme with a personal contribution of only 6%
- 194.4 hours of leave, based on a 36-hour week (that’s 27 vacation days for a 5-day working week) and one Diversity Day
- Holiday allowance and a 13th month paid with your monthly salary
- NS Business Card 2nd class, giving you unlimited travel 7 days a week. Do you prefer to travel with your own transport? Then you can declare the kilometres travelled for business and commuting
All NN colleagues work in a hybrid form: one or two days at the office and working from home (or anywhere else). The official location for this job is our fantastic office in The Hague, where we are located next to the A12. It is also easily accessible by public transport as well. Want to get some fresh air? You can take the tram or bike and you will be at the beach in half an hour.
Will you be our new colleague?
If you are enthusiastic about this vacancy and think that you would be a good fit for the team at NN, we would like to invite you to apply. We are very keen to find out who you are, what motivates you and what you can contribute to this role at NN.
If you have any questions about the vacancy, you can reach out via phone or WhatsApp to Ewald van Luijk - Mid-office, via +31 (0)6 51 49 97 93. Any questions about the process can be directed to Andre Komaromi - Recruitment via Andre.Komaromi@nn-group.com
This is a permanent position. A candidate will receive a contract from NN, and we are not open to interim/freelance assignments and/or candidates or recruitment agencies. Thank you very much for your understanding.