Van Oord works on 185 projects in 35 countries every year. Do you have the skills to inspire and connect our 5,000 employees worldwide? Are you passionate about internal communications and are you excited by the idea of building internal branding & engagement? Then check out this job opening.
Van Oord's Communications team is looking for an Internal Communications Advisor whose focus will be on heightening our brand experience and engaging and inspiring our employees. This is a mid-level position in which you will advise our internal stakeholders and undertake hands-on work setting up a new internal communications structure and developing the associated tools, in line with the department's new Internal Communications hub.Your responsibilities
You will be responsible both for advisory tasks and for setting up and developing internal communications for various business units and staff departments. You will offer practical support to internal clients. For each new request, you will draw up a concise action plan, including a check on the need-to-do, and advise on and coordinate the development of suitable communications tools. You will write and edit texts and content and deliver visualisations of the relevant message. Your work will serve to inform Van Oord employees but also to inspire and engage them with your message. You will furthermore play an important role in implementing and refining our tools, including our new intranet (expected Q1 2023).
As part of the communications team, you will use the communications calendar to coordinate the scheduling of internal communications for various projects and programmes. You will oversee external parties such as web designers, graphic designers, copywriters and image suppliers. You will report to and work closely with the Lead Internal Communications, Culture & Engagement. You will also work closely with your team mates who represent External Communications and Digital Communications.
This is a job that offers plenty of variety and in which you will be of major value to our brand.Job requirements
- At least a higher professional or university degree, preferably in communications;
- Experience in internal communications in a corporate setting;
- Hands-on mentality, ability to act as an advisor but also energised by implementation and delivery - the whole process is a piece of cake for you;
- Ability to switch rapidly between themes, target groups and tools to achieve optimal results;
- Outstanding communication and linguistic skills and ability to persuade others;
- Ability to write catchy, correct texts without difficulty, in different registers and aimed at different target groups;
- Pragmatic, results-driven, self-initiating and sensitive to the organisation;
- Proactive, high-energy and passionate about internal communications and engagement;
- A good command of Dutch and English, written and spoken.
And last but not least:
- An amiable colleague who is eager to join a rapidly growing team.
A job in an international, challenging and dynamic organisation, with the opportunity to make a real impact on our business, people and environment. We offer a comprehensive employee benefits package with excellent perks. Our employee benefits package includes:
- A salary commensurate with your responsibilities and experience;
- Expat allowance (based on location and situation of the project);
- Pension scheme;
- Variable bonus;
- Excellent career development opportunities;
- Attractive commuting allowance, where relevant;
- Optional group health insurance.
Van Oord is a Dutch family-owned company with more than 150 years of experience as an international marine contractor. The focus is on dredging and marine construction, offshore wind, offshore infrastructure and infrastructure in the Netherlands. Its head office is in Rotterdam. Van Oord employs 4,700 staff, who worked on 187 projects in 35 countries in 2021. The fleet consists of about 70 vessels and a large amount of special-purpose and auxiliary equipment.
Van Oord delivers marine ingenuity by using smart, innovative and sustainable solutions to create a better world for future generations.