This is LyondellBasell
LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the largest plastics, chemicals and refining companies in the world. Driven by its employees around the globe, LyondellBasell produces materials and products that are key to advancing solutions to modern challenges like enhancing food safety through lightweight and flexible packaging, protecting the purity of water supplies through stronger and more versatile pipes, improving the safety, comfort and fuel efficiency of many of the cars and trucks on the road, and ensuring the safe and effective functionality in electronics and appliances. LyondellBasell sells products into more than 100 countries and is the world's largest producer of polypropylene compounds and the largest licensor of polyolefin technologies. In 2022, LyondellBasell was named to Fortune Magazine's list of the "World's Most Admired Companies" for the fifth consecutive year.This is the role
As Packaging Engineer you support the EU sites and packaging procurement team with technical support in regards to the provision of packaging materials. You are the link between supply chain, procurement and the manufacturing sites. You manage the legal aspects, and safety of changes and developments in packaging materials for Lyondellbasell Polymers and APS.
Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Manage the Packaging website and database of packaging material numbers and specifications for all EU sites. Approve the creation and development of new packaging materials in SAP.
- Liaise with operations, marketing, procurement teams to help harmonize and standardize packaging materials across the EU sites. Drive standardization and standardized solutions where possible.
- Provide technical support to site packaging teams and support with changes and developments
- Co-ordinate the trials and “Management of change” process for the implementation of new packaging materials. Considering the impacts on:
- Packaging equipment testing (and suitability)
- On-site Handling and storage of products
- Loading and Transportation to the customer
- Handling and use by the customer.
- Any impacts on regulatory affairs
- Work with packaging suppliers to understand the latest developments and advances in packaging technology.
- Supply PRS reports to define the re-use of pallets after de-bagging operations at the appropriate sites
- Support Investigations of supplier complaints and provide information for procurement and management teams
- Investigate the use of recycled materials and sustainability options to meet LYBs corporate targets
- Manage corporate branding and print requirements of all EU packaging
- Provision of packaging declarations for the sales of packed materials (exports)
- Support Packaging Consumption and Tax reporting.
To be successful in this role you must recognize yourself in the following skills & competences:
- Teamwork/peer relationships: quickly find common ground and solve problems for the good of all, be seen as cooperative and a team player, easily gain trust and support of peers, encourages collaboration
- Drive for Results: can be counted on to exceed goals successfully, to be one of top performers, bottom-line orientated, steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Innovation/Adaptability: demonstrate good judgement about creative ideas and suggestions, facilitate effective brainstorming, project how potential ideas may play out, display a can-do attitude, readily takes on challenges
- Communicate effectively: be effective in a variety of communication settings, listen to others, provide timely and helpful information to others, encourage expression of diverse ideas and opinions, managing a large network within LYB
- Technical knowledge: understanding of packaging equipment, legal and regulative requirements on packaging material
- Project management: competent in managing multidisciplinary project teams and management of change.
- BSc/MSc Degree in Engineering, Packaging Technology or Logistics
- Experience of packaging, technology processes and/or packaging materials
- Experience of 5 years within a packaging and/or operational environment, Logistics experience is an advantage
- Competent in SAP and a wide range of MS office applications including, but not exhaustively, Outlook, Power Point, Word and Excel.
- Must be of a good standard in written and verbal English. Other languages are advantageous.
We offer an environment where we encourage personal and professional growth and where you will be rewarded for your performance and results. You will have the possibility to work with specialist on all fields to develop innovative solutions and to extend your national and international network. In addition, we offer you a competitive salary package. The Company's Global Remote Work Policy allows eligible employees the option to work up to two days a week from home. LyondellBasell is committed to advancing diversity, equity & inclusion (DEI) to ensure a positive experience for all employees.