OVERALL ROLE PURPOSE
The Accounts Payables Specialist is joining a young driven team in an international dynamic environment of a fast growing global company. He or she will be responsible for the company’s accounts payable for the EMEA region (multiple entities) and will be encouraged and challenged to make decisions. The Accounts Payable Specialist EMEA is reporting directly to the Finance Manager and has a leading role on safeguarding the expense approval process, the booking of expense invoices and the accurate payment to our global suppliers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Responsible for the Accounts Payable administration and maintaining the subledger
- Assure correctness of incoming invoices and its booking via system (Elvy), with correct coding and approvals.
- Point of contact for queries on outstanding invoices from suppliers; payment reminders, forwarding POP, copy of invoice, check payment specs.
- Maintain bank account and responsible for cash management reporting
- Prepare weekly payment batches for the EMEA entities (In the Netherlands, Dubai and South Africa)
- Insure correct suppliers master data
- Book banks
- Responsible for pre-payment and invoices to be received ledgers
- Updating & Reconciling supplier cards
- Administration of Credit Card / Staff declarations and process in ERP system
- Daily post distribution
- Assist preparation of interim and year-end audit
QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Detailed and accurate
- Structured way of working
- Strong problem solving ability
- Ability to work closely in a team environment
- Positive, open-minded, thinking in solutions
- Sense of urgency, with the drive to get things done. No 9 to 5 mentality
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential
- Good computer skills in MS Office with emphasis on Excel
- Familiar with Exact and SAP
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Completed MBO 4 in a Business related field (i.e. Finance, Accounting, etc.), knowledge of accounting.
- 2 years of relevant experience in Finance administration roles
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and Dutch
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.