Digital Technical Specialist - Modern Work
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us to achieve our mission.
The Small, Medium, and Corporate team helps businesses achieve their digital transformation goals by matching customer challenges with Microsoft solutions. Located in either a Digital Sales center, or a local subsidiary, you will help our managed customers across industries, company sizes and territories to identify their needs and opportunities using the latest in digital selling technology. One of the fastest growing customer segments in the industry, you will help customers get to the Microsoft Cloud across solution areas like Modern Work, Business Applications, Applications and Infrastructure, Data and AI, and Security.
The Technology Solutions team consists of highly capable individuals that drive Microsoft wins on the latest cloud and modern development technologies. Digital Technical Specialist’s main goal is to win the technical decision of customers to purchase, implement and use our online services and solutions. You will work in a team, enabling the customers through digital transformation by leveraging the Modern Work Platform of Microsoft 365 and Surface. TSs are expected to be able to both own and win the customers technical decisions, as well as find new opportunities through their contacts for their colleagues to further pursue. As a TS, you work within a virtual team of technical, partner and consulting resources to help educate your customers at a technical level, demonstrate and prove our solutions, and win the technical decision allowing the team to achieve/exceed quarterly Microsoft 365 suite, Teams, Surface and OEM Meeting/Calling devices sales/usage targets in your accounts. Being part of this team will allow you to maintain and develop your deep technical expertise across Microsoft and non-Microsoft cloud-based technologies. Responsibilities
To learn more about Microsoft’s mission, please visit: https://careers.microsoft.com/mission-culture
Check out all of our products at: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us
- Help customers make technical decisions to build tomorrow’s business and IT Solutions based on Microsoft online services and solutions.
- You will be the subject matter expert on your local sales team leading technical presentations, demonstrations, workshops, architecture design sessions, production ready pilots for the Microsoft 365 suite, with a focus on Security, Compliance, and Teams Voice and Device solutions.
- You will own winning the technical decision at customers for sales opportunities and usage scenarios, through tailoring your message, bringing ideas to customers, engaging with them to show our technology differentiation, and guiding them in decision making.
- You will work with partners and others at Microsoft, as well as use our core tools, to extend your reach and the reach of your team, focusing on satisfying important customer needs
- Orchestrating complex solutions with internal and external partners for multiple Microsoft online services and solutions.
- Helping identify and diagnose technical, architectural, and competitive blockers and respective solutions for sales opportunities and usage decision blockers and helping ensure that these solutions are implemented.
- Prepare technical insights and key scenarios required to drive the right technical and business solution outcomes
- Meet and exceed team-level monthly, quarterly and annual targets for net-new revenue and sales pipeline, as well as operational metrics
- Sharing practical knowledge with partners to drive the sale, deployment, and adoption of Microsoft 365 suite, with a focus on Security, Compliance, and Teams Voice and Devices solutions.
- Shaping current and future products, marketing strategies, and customer centricity ideas through your feedback to sales, marketing, and engineering.
- We encourage all our employees to continuously maintain and enhance their technical, sales, professional skills, and competitive readiness.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience required. 4-year degree preferred. Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field desired
- 2-6+ years of related experience in technical pre-sales and/or technical consulting roles
- Demonstrated knowledge of identity, authentication, security, privacy, and compliance (including the EU General Data Protection Regulation) and how they factor into cloud and hybrid solutions
- Broad knowledge of and ability to explain key end-user scenarios and technical architecture for communications solutions required
- Understand cloud deployment and adoption planning
- MS-700 Microsoft Teams Administrator Certified or MS-300 Identity and Access Admin Associate Certified or prepared to attain certification within 3 months. Experience in M365 platform and Modern Work (remote work security, compliance, teamwork, insights, meeting and calling) preferred.
- Validated experience in consultative technical selling approach, including bringing innovative ideas to customers problems and being customer focused
- Experience with cloud-based productivity, collaboration and communications solution designs, migrations and management of technology.
- Deep technical experience in Office 365, Enterprise Mobility Suite and Windows including: Office clients; SharePoint/OneDrive for Business; Exchange; Skype for Business; Teams, Windows 10; Security, Yammer; Project; Visio; Power BI; Delve Analytics
- Strong negotiation, organizational, presentation, deep technical product demo, writing, and verbal communication skills
- Strong leadership to influence key technical decision makers, influencers, senior executives, industry decision makers and or boards
- Highly driven passionate person who consistently exceeds goals and expectations
- Ability to explain complex technical solutions to technical and non-technical audiences and to connect technological solutions with measurable business value
- Success-driven, works well in a diverse team and enjoy a dynamic and changing environment.
- Experience and passion for learning (technical and professional skills); implementing practices from others; trying, failing and learning from the experience; sharing practices and knowledge for others’ benefit
- An understanding and passion for cloud computing technologies, business drivers, and emerging computing trends
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Wat wij bieden