Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us to achieve our mission.
With over 12,000 employees worldwide, the Microsoft Customer Experience & Success (CE&S) organization is responsible for the strategy, design, and implementation of the Microsoft end-to-end customer experience. This newly expanded organization reflects the Microsoft ambition to be known as a customer experience company, ensuring our Microsoft mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more is enabled by delighting customers and consistently exceeding their expectations in every interaction through a connected customer experience.
Microsoft has a tremendous opportunity to exceed customer expectations and drive greater customer loyalty and trust, which leads to greater satisfaction, retention, and growth. The CE&S organization is looking for people with a passion for delivering customer success to help us build a future where customers come to us, not only because we provide industry-leading products and services, and also because we provide a differentiated and connected customer experience that is rooted in our commitment to delivering on customer outcomes.
A Partner Technical Advisor (PTA) is a service delivery focused subject matter expert. They are responsible for incident metrics such as Customer Satisfaction (quality of the support experience), frontline engineer technical readiness and process compliance. They provide in-depth technical and subject matter expertise for one or more services or scenarios. Their primary accountability is to the engineers at a support vendor (also known as a supplier or delivery partner), focusing on the higher volume services and engaging through technical and subject matter expert mentorship, readiness and escalation management. They are expected to contribute to technical expertise and issue resolution globally.Responsibilities
Core (all people in this role perform these duties; depending on tenure some duties may be minimal
• Provide technical and SME coaching for Delivery Partner (DP) Engineers/Advocates
• Partner with the Support Delivery Manager (SDM) and CSS Training teams to address any readiness gaps, ensuring findings and remediations shared across Delivery Partners and LOBs, as applicable.
• Own case management duties (incoming inspection, escalations, tech reviews/triage, wellness, reduced time to... measures)
• Provide Readiness Content (identify need for and create content; contribute to readiness efforts where you are the Subject Matter Expert (SME))
• Manage collaboration activities (reactive, proactive, cross-team for complex cases, overall process)
• Contribute to Supportability activities (case analysis and case pattern recognition, deflection initiatives, and other Supportability improvements working with Stakeholders like Supportability Program Managers)
• Release Management and Deployment for Delivery Partners (ensure it happens, do not own directly)
• As a technical/program SME, collaborate with all stakeholders to identify and recommend technical/program process and tool opportunities, leading with innovation within their scope and prioritizing needs when beyond.
• Provide Frontline Technical or Sales Operations Oversight to Delivery Partners
Optional (people in this role may perform these duties, can vary by line of business)
• Provide Frontline Operations Metrics Oversight
• Participate in DP ROB (WBR/QBR/MBR)
• Participate in Product Group Triages (coordinated with Eng. and Service TAs)
• Approval of escalations to product group on behalf of DP (known as ICMs, Bugs or similar – varies by SBU) Drive Down Speed or Time to Competency for DP Resources
• Participate in Technical and SME Interviews for New PTA Hires
• Direct Customer Contact (to support frontline engineers, periodic case ownership to maintain technical expertise)
• Run Non-Top Box and Deviation Analysis (including Approval)
• Lead or participate in building communities with peer delivery roles (SEE/EE/EEE/TA); may be workload or specialty specific.
Mandarin Language: fluent in reading, writing and speaking. English Language: confident in reading, writing and speaking.
• Language Qualification
Proficiency in the English language, written and spoken (including technical writing)
• 2+ years of experience on software development experience in a team environment with C#, C++, .Net Core development, Cloud development, SPA
• Working knowledge of networking concepts including TCP/IP, SSH, telnet, FTP, NFS, DNS, DHCP, LDAP, RDP
• Working knowledge of troubleshooting tools including Sysinternals, Fiddler, Netmon, NetStat, Tracert etc
• REST API
• .NET Core SDK
• Self-motivation and passion to new technology
• Strong Communication Skills
• Familiarity with OS Internals concepts, built-in diagnostics
• Node.js, Python or Ruby
• Advanced debugging skills (WINdbg, Dump Analysis, Visual Studio Debugger)
• Capacity to deal with difficult customers and ability to thrive in ambiguity
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, or equivalent’s experience
• Proficiency in the English language, written and spoken (including technical writing)
• This position may require you to work a rotational On-Call schedule, evenings, and or weekend shifts. Please note that shifts may change according to business needs
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.