Bedrijf: Hotel Okura Amsterdam.
- You have excellent Sushi cooking skills
- You have a passion for Sushi cooking
- You are familiar with Japanese culture and habits
- You are familiar and have experience more than 5 years within distinguished companies in a similar position
- You are guest oriented
- You have the ability to work in a fast paced work environment
- You are flexible and a team player
- You are in possession of a job related education
- You are fluent in English, both orally and written
- The ability to speak Japanese is not a requirement, but of great advantage
- Team work
- Results oriented
Hotel Okura Amsterdam is an international five star hotel which sets great store by quality, eye for detail and service with a smile. Together, all 380 employees make sure that every guest, on average 1000 guests per day, are being given the personal attention that is essential in our business.
Being the city’s largest employer amongst hotels, Hotel Okura Amsterdam is always looking for enthusiastic colleagues to reinforce the team.
Sushi Cook Japanese KitchenWe are looking for a fulltime Sushi Chef for our traditional Japanese restaurant Yamazato. Yamazato Restaurant is awarded with a Michelin star and ranks amongst the top Japanese restaurants in Europe.
We are looking for an experienced Sushi Chef with excellent knowledge of the Japanese kitchen. You will be working at the Sushi counter under the supervision of the Executive Chef. You will also have intensive guest contact and willing to offer our guests excellent service. You have a thorough knowledge of the unique preparation and presentation methods of sushi and are able to explain the meaning of these dishes and ways of presentation as well. Working in a team of enthusiastic colleagues where you can develop yourself further is one of your goals.
Yamazato Restaurant is opened daily for dinner from 6.00 until 9.30 pm. On Saturday and Sunday it is also open for lunch from noon to 2.00 pm. The team of our Yamazato Kitchen consists of approximately 25 colleagues, with most of them being Japanese. The Yamazato Restaurant team is comprised of about 30 Japanese members. Your working times are flexible within a 38 hour week, during 5 days a week.
Are you interested in working in a tradtional and authentic Japanese restaurant?
Then please contact us!
Tasks and responsibilities
- Exclusively preparing Sushi and Sashimi dishes at sushi counter
- Responsible for the production and have knowledge and competency of Maki Sushi, Nigiri Sushi and Sashimi.
- Follow standard recipes as directed by the Head Chef in order to ensure consistency of food
- Create a positive atmosphere together with service staff for guests
- The ability to provide the guests at the sushi counter with information about the menu or ingredients.
- Maintain good communication between the restaurant and kitchen.
- Be part of a disciplined, well harmonizing team
- With ideas and suggestions he/she contributes to a continuous improvement of the entire operation
- Ensure that the restaurant’s guidelines, standards and procedures are followed
- Need to be familiar with local food hygiene and HACCP guidelines