Laboratory technician DSM Delft
Do you know your way around a laboratory and are you familiar with microbials? If you know the differences between processing yeasts, bacteria and fungi, Manpower and DSM are looking for you! Your knowledge, degree in Biology and experience in the lab make you the perfect candidate for the role of laboratory technician. Of course we have plenty to offer you in exchange for your experience: you can expect a salary up to €23.74 per hour as well as reimbursement of travel expenses. If you would like to learn more about this position, keep reading and don’t hesitate to apply!
Employment agency Manpower is looking for a laboratory technician for DSM in Delft.
As a laboratory technician you will be a part of DSM’s DBC Strain Conservation Unit. This unit is responsible for conserving, storing and supplying microbial production strains to DSM production sites. You will also be researching microbial strains for the Research & Development department. The aim of you and your team is to guarantee a storage and supply of high-quality level strains. You can also expect to perform the following tasks:
What’s in it for you?
- Generating master- and working cell banks of DSM microbial production strains, including yeasts, fungi and bacteria
- Executing and reporting quality control tests on strains
- Shipping cell bank material to various DSM production sites in various countries
- Gathering, conserving and storing strains from DSM’s Research & Development department into the DSM culture collection
- Supplying strains from the culture collection to various projects and units within DSM
- Recording relevant data in the DSM Strain Management System
- Providing strain information from the Strain Management System upon request
- Gross salary between €19.55 and €23.74 per hour
- Reimbursement of travel costs of €0.13 per kilometre
- Pension accrual via Manpower after 26 weeks of work
- Full-time job for 40 hours a week
- Temporary employment contract via Manpower
- A job for a longer period of time
- Free access to E-learning platform Manpower Academy
Over de werkgever
You will be working at DSM, an international science-based company in Delft. DSM specialises in solutions for health, materials and nutrition. They connect life sciences and material sciences to drive environmental progress and economic prosperity as well as sustainable value for stakeholders. Specifically, you will be working in the DSM Biotechnology Centre (DBC), the biotech Research and Development engine for DSM. DBC creates biotech innovations and developments in bio-products and sustainable bioprocesses. The DBC site in Delft is part of one of the biggest biotechnology hubs in Europe.
We would be happy to share more information about DSM and the DSM Biotechnology Centre in a personal conversation.
In this full-time position, you will be working Monday through Friday during regular office hours.
Living in or near Delft, Leiden, Zoetermeer or the Hague is a bonus, but not mandatory!
- A Bachelor’s degree or higher in Biology, preferably with a specialisation in Microbiology
- A minimum of two years of experience working as a laboratory technician, microbiologist or similar
- Fluent in English and Dutch, due to communication with colleagues
- Experience with the following topics:
- Laboratory and office software
- Various microbial species including bacteria, yeasts and fungi
- Structured working according to Good Laboratory Practice
- Availability of 40 hours per week
Are you interested in this position? Apply today and Manpower will contact you within two working days to discuss your application!
Wat wij bieden
€ 3.389,- tot € 4.115,-
Wil je meer informatie of heb je vragen over deze vacature neem dan contact op met Robin Van Loon via email@example.com of bel 088 282-8128.tijdelijk