As data analyst, you will participate in the implementation of a Cyber-Physical System (CPS) for a production line consisting of machines performing various gear machining operations (Turning, Hobbing, Grinding, …). The goal of the project is to use data analytics technics to develop a CPS model that uses quality measurements along the production line to predict the performance of the finished product.
Under the supervision of the Process Innovation Manager, you will work conjointly with our IT, R&D and Production departments, as well as with an external research institute and a local university.
Your responsibility will be focused on the data analysis aspect. You will:
- Work together in a research team that combines expertise in data analytics, operation and control of production machines, and vehicle dynamics;
- Take the lead in developing predictive algorithms, to process the data and derive the optimal settings of the machine (Model Based Data Analytics).
More concretely, you:
- Develop a data collection system;
- Develop algorithms for the processing of heterogeneous datasets;
- Find ways to process the asynchronous flow of data;
- Perform exploratory analysis;
- Use current methods of data analytics techniques to search for relevant connections between input signals;
- Use and Model predictive algorithms and interpret the results;
- Create a tool for real-time assessment of the state of the CPS system;
- Draw conclusions and suggest improved parameters, for better performance.
Desired Skills and Experience
- A Master in Engineering, Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence or Robotics.
- At least 3 to 5 years of experience in an industrial or academic environment;
- Relevant experience in data analytics and CPS models of technology application (machines, vehicles, robots, …);
- Knowledge of or the ability to use a wide range of methods in data analytics. Experience Matlab/ Octave.
- Knowledge of one general purpose programming language like Java, C#, C++, Python.
- A mathematical and statistical mind with a touch of “Data Intuition”;
- Communication and Data Visualization skills are a plus.
- Passionate about the technology of machines and creative.