Do you have an engineering background and you are looking for a next step in your career? Are you proficient in at least one automation platform such as Siemens S7, Rockwell/Allen-Bradley, ABB 800XA, or Schneider Controls?
Our client, a global company in the industrial automation area, is looking for a Project Engineer to join their team in the heart of Utrecht! Supporting a broad range of different industries, from projects in e.g. oil&gas and life sciences to power&energy and data centers, our client is looking for a motivated and ambitious engineer who is willing to take on a challenging and stimulating position.
As a Project Engineer you will be responsible for designing and implementing automation systems and related control platforms. Responsibilities will be driven by customer projects and include direct customer interaction, documentation, instrumentation and electrical panel design, programming and field testing. Your work will be split between the company's office and the customers' site.
Your responsibilities will be:
Team Leadership & Sales Support
- Providing technical guidance for a project team of 2-10 engineers;
- Serving as a technical contact for customers;
- Identifying and assign tasks within the project team;
- Leading customer meetings;
- Assisting with proposal generation by estimating hardware costs and the engineering effort required for a project;
- Maintaining relationships with existing customers.
Instrumentation & Electrical Design
- Assisting with designing control systems' network architectures and control strategies;
- Creating panel layouts and electrical schematics for controls enclosures.
System Design and Configuration
- Leading customer design review meetings;
- Leading customer demonstrations and acceptance testing;
- Executing internal functional and quality control testing;
- Developing new control algorithms, graphics, interfaces from inception;
- Reviewing/commenting on control system specifications and testing documentation.
Onsite System Startup
- Main point of technical contact for companies' Site Managers;
- Leading multiple teams for point-to-point loop checks for all instrumentation;
- Leading multiple teams for functional testing of all systems;
- Troubleshooting installation discrepancies, including 3rd party equipment;
- Developing commissioning test plans;
- Training customer representatives on operations and maintenance of system.
- Bachelor (HBO) level of education in the field of Engineering or Engineering technology;
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience;
- Experience in programing & start up of one of the following automation platforms: Siemens S7, Rockwell/Allen-Bradley, ABB 800XA, or Schneider Controls is a must;
- Experience in leading project teams of 2-10 people;
- Flexibility to travel and work "on site";
- Customer oriented person with outgoing personality;
- Fluency in English.
What the company offers you:
- International work environment;
- Attractive salary and benefits;
- Location: Utrecht office and/or customer site;
- Flexible office hours;
- Join a young and motivated team (average 24-38 years);
- Opportunity of a week training in the US.
Ready for this new challenge? Apply now and let's get in touch!
Octagon Professionals International is a full-service recruitment and HR services firm with 30 years of experience in the European and international market. Our large network of professionals across multiple functional areas, and multi-national team provide flexible solutions customized to individual client needs.