About us voco® The Hague
A modernist urban home for the overseas explorer: voco® The Hague, where quintessential Dutch design and our unstuffy style come together in the city centre of The Hague.
Based in the Royal Quarter, this beautiful former bank building has the city's shops, museum, and heritage locations as well as the embassy quarter and Peace Palace within walking distance. By taking the tram in front of the hotel, you will find yourself at the central station in 9 min or at the seaside within 15 min.
Our welcoming guest rooms offer thoughtful voco® touches with quality bedding and eco-friendly upscale amenities.
Catch up over local dishes in Botanica garden kitchen & bar, discover drinks inspired by the Dutch Sea explorations from Ultramarijn wonderbar or hang out in our garden terrace to enjoy the voco® life. With 2 boardrooms, a versatile work play area, and a below-ground private bar you will find various locations to meet, gather or celebrate.Your Day to Day
The Housekeeping Lead is responsible for maintaining high standards of cleanliness, you make sure the quality of the bedrooms and public areas remains impeccable and you make sure that our guests are always satisfied in this regard. Since you will become part of the pre-opening team of voco® The Hague, you have the unique opportunity to set up the housekeeping department, training the team and to ensure clear and effective lines of communication are in place. During your day you will be the person flying through the hotel to make sure all guest requests are in place, rooms are of the highest cleanliness standard and your team performs the best in their field of expertise. Every little corner of the hotel is serviced by your team, so you will have an insight on the state of every inch of the property. Part of your team will be employed by a cleaning partner of the hotel, so we are counting on you to make the entire housekeeping department operate as one.You are responsible for
What we offer
- Checking that public areas, guest rooms, equipment and linens are clean and in good condition.
- Performing housekeeping duties when necessary, including the making of beds as well as vacuuming and cleaning guest rooms to ensure guest satisfaction. Assisting with deep cleaning projects.
- Handling complaints and special requests to achieve guest satisfaction.
- Communicating with the Front Office team to arrange special requests and needs of VIP guests and regular guests.
- Ensuring that each team member is the best version of themselves by providing mentoring, coaching and regular feedback to manage conflict and improve employee performance. This will be done in cooperation with the external company.
- Training and guiding the housekeeping team to ensure that they follow cleaning and safety regulations.
- Ensuring that the housekeeping team always has the necessary tools and equipment to carry out their duties.
- Living the voco® brand with pride, passion & energy. Creating & inspiring others to deliver memorable branded guest experiences.
- You will be the IHG Way of Clean Champion, responsible for the implementation of the right cleaning procedures.
- Promoting teamwork and lifestyle service through daily communication and coordination with other teams.
- Driving a great working environment for teams to thrive by connecting departments and creating the sense of one team.
- Assisting in the preparation of the annual departmental operating budget and financial plans. Monitoring budgets and controlling expenses with a focus on increasing productivity.
- Maintaining adequate inventory levels by maintaining and ordering supplies and equipment in a timely and efficient manner while minimizing waste and maintaining sustainable initiatives.
- Maintaining procedures for security of lost and found items.
- Setting up and keeping track of a periodical cleaning plan to guarantee in dept cleanliness.
- Ad-hoc duties as required - unexpected moments when we have to pull together as a team to get a task done.
In return for your hard work, you can look forward to a competitive salary and benefits package - including duty meals and discounted hotel accommodation worldwide.
What's more, because your career will be as unique as you are, we'll give you all the tailored support you need to make a great start, be involved and grow.
And because voco® The Hague belongs to the IHG® family of brands, you'll also benefit from all the opportunities that come from being part of a successful, global hospitality company with over 5500 hotels in over 100 countries around the world.