For our office in Beverwijk we are looking for an energetic and accurate fulltime Financial Analyst (Reporting & Compliance). Are you convinced that you are the right candidate for this role? Please send your CV and motivation before the 20th of December.
The Financial Analyst (Reporting & Compliance) is required to support the Finance Manager with the preparation and completion of statutory and management accounts, and supports Sarbanes–Oxley Act (SOX) compliance for the Division. This includes documentation and assessment of business processes and internal controls, and reporting. In addition, the Financial Analyst (Reporting & Compliance) assists with the creation of indirect tax returns. The Financial Analyst (Reporting & Compliance) helps monitor the Division’s compliance with controls, AFE’s, accounting policies and procedures, and helps prepare for annual internal & external audits.
- Assist in the timely preparation, input and maintenance of accurate financial records
- Ensure compliance with the Sarbanes Oxley Act, and internal accounting policies and procedures
- Prepare monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Prepare journal entries to support the completion of monthly management accounts, and assist with the timely preparation, input and maintenance of accurate financial records
- Identify the need for journal entries, and propose solutions
- Assist with VAT return preparation, and liaise with tax authorities as appropriate
- Assist with the preparation of other indirect tax returns, as required.
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations; ensure payments are processed in a timely manner and appropriately authorized.
- Reconcile VAT accounts and clear all open entries on a monthly basis
- Conduct SAP legal entity reviews and ensure indirect tax compliance
- Assist with annual statutory filings as requested
- Maintain accurate files and ensure all required department recordkeeping is up to date
- Assist with providing reports and information for internal/external auditors
- Take personal responsibility for own continued professional development and undertake any training as required
- Perform other duties, complete additional tasks and support ad-hoc projects as required by management.
Qualifications, Skills & Competencies, Attitude & Behavior
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance/Accounting or similar discipline or equivalent experience at the Company’s discretion
Specific Skills / Training & Competencies
- Previous experience in an accounting environment, with exposure to SOX Compliance
- Ability to analyze and interpret financial information
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Microsoft Excel
- Competent in the use of SAP, for accounting purposes
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written: fluency in English is required
- High degree of integrity, with an ability to manage sensitive or confidential information
- Hands-on, disciplined and detail oriented work style, with the ability to work independently in a high volume environment that requires highly accurate and timely results
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently and to follow up on all tasks to completion
- Proficient problem solving skills; demonstrate ability to evaluate problems from differing viewpoints and recognize potential root cause of problems and suggest possible solutions
Attitude & Behavior
- Be approachable and maintain open and transparent communication within team, internal and external stakeholders
- Represent the Company in a professional manner both on and off the job to include confidentiality of Company and Client business
- Model Paragon’s ;Core Values of honesty, integrity, safety, environmental stewardship, respect and performance