Do you have wide experience as piping fitter in the shipbuilding industry? Would you like to work in a complex and dynamic role, where you will be responsible for supervising projects related to offshore vessels and equipment? If so, have a look at this new job opportunity!
In the role of Piping Supervisor, you will coordinate the activities of the team and you will be responsible for the progress, quality and quantity of the execution of piping activities within the Piping department.
Specific tasks in this position include:
- Supervising the correct execution of all piping activities during projects.
- Monitoring progress and reporting on this during the project.
- Organising and managing staffing & resources.
- Taking measures and reporting when there are any disruptions in the process.
- Compiling the piping activities according to the safety regulations, guidelines and instructions.
- Inspecting the workplace and piping equipment.
- Consulting with other supervisors within different department of the company.
We are looking for an experienced Piping Supervisor who has extensive knowledge in reading technical drawings and documents. Having experience with offshore/dredging ships and equipment would be ideal for this role. Furthermore, the right candidate for this position should meet the following requirements:
- Having a MBO or HBO degree in a relevant field.
- Having relevant work experience in shipbuilding and pipefitting.
- Possessing at least 5 years of experience as supervisor.
- Having knowledge of hydraulics & pneumatics.
- Excellent communication skills in Dutch and English.
- Being flexible to travel to other locations (also abroad) and working extra hours.
Our client is a leading company in the development of special equipment for the offshore and the shipbuilding industries. The company is based in the Netherland but it operates worldwide. They are a reliable supplier because of their extensive experience in the innovation technology world. Their employees are highly trained and experienced. Our client offers a great international working environment.
This is not a project-based position, so the company will invest in you and in your personal & professional development. Your salary will depend on your years of relevant working experience and capabilities. Moreover, you will have 37 holiday days and travel allowance.