Arcadis is the world's leading company delivering sustainable design, engineering, and consultancy solutions for natural and built assets.
We are more than 36,000 people, in over 70 countries, dedicated to improving quality of life. Everyone has an important role to play. With the power of many curious minds, together we can solve the world’s most complex challenges and deliver more impact together.
Global scope/location with a preference on; The Netherlands, Germany, France and Belgium.
The Privacy Counsel provides senior specialist expert advice on all aspects of privacy to support the Global Privacy Officer/Data Protection Officer for the Arcadis Group as well as the Global Business Area and country Privacy Officers. The Privacy Counsel will, in partnership with the Global Privacy Officer, develop the Global Privacy Program and adapt to the changing legislative landscape.
The Privacy Counsel will also provide senior specialist expert advice on the data aspects of Artificial Intelligence and the privacy and data ramifications of its use within the business.
The Privacy Counsel reports directly to the Global Privacy Officer/Data Protection Officer for the Arcadis group.
The Privacy Counsel has no direct reports but will be expected to build a collaborative network of stakeholders. In particular, this role will closely collaborate with the Global Business Area Privacy Officers and country Privacy Officers, and the Compliance Global Shared Services Centre team, the Enabling Functions, Growth and Innovation, Sustainability and Procurement, the Strategy Transformation Team as well as the other members of the Privacy CoEs, and in general, the Legal, Compliance & Privacy Centres of Expertise (CoEs).
Add value through leveraging global expertise and act as business partner.
The Privacy Counsel is a key subject matter expert on EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and other privacy laws as well as privacy and data issues arising out of the use of Artificial Intelligence.
The Privacy Counsel will work closely with stakeholders across the Legal, Compliance & Privacy function and across the business.
Arcadis has identified the following key focus areas and responsibilities for the role:
- Provide expert support for Privacy Impact Assessments and related controls.
- Provide expert support on processes and procedures, implementation of Binding Corporate Rules through Privacy Standards and related processes and provide the Privacy Officers and the business as a whole with privacy advice.
- Provide expert support in major personal data incidents and investigations and advice the Privacy Officers and the Privacy Committees on investigations. May be appointed on a case-by-case basis to lead major incidents.
- Monitoring privacy laws and regulatory trends, developments and best practices and know-how sharing, developing FAQs.
- Identify awareness & training needs based on lessons learned and otherwise, providing expert input on global training program and micro-learnings and design content of global training and micro-learnings.
- Provide expert support on development and implementation of ARC Framework controlled documents / privacy related policies, procedures, contract templates, notices, and controls.
- Provide follow up and consultation to project stakeholders to ensure successful delivery of program requirements.
- Support the Global Privacy Officer in case of Global Crisis Response in relation to privacy/personal data incidents and local Crisis Responses where appropriate.
Accountability, Culture & Compliance
- Act as a visible steward of privacy, and help implement privacy business processes and controls, Privacy by Design and Default and quality management processes, core values and behaviors.
- Safeguard and monitor compliance with relevant privacy laws and regulations, increase awareness and provide or signpost additional training where needed.
Key Shared Accountabilities:
- Provide front line advisory and establish trusted and influential relationships.
- Implement the overall LCP Function Strategy and roadmap through effective expertise to the organization and delivery of sustainable solutions in line with BPO processes.
The candidate must have a demonstrated high level of integrity. The candidate should have an academic bachelor’s or master’s degree, proven background and extensive privacy experience in a privacy or legal capacity and be qualified to practice law. Preferably, the candidate will have experience and an understanding of the complexity of conflicting local laws, with cultural sensitivities and eye for local needs.
Further the candidate should have;
- Proven experience participating in personal data related investigations.
- Desire to drive operational privacy excellence through the global Legal, Compliance and Privacy function, including motivating and engaging with networks and diverse teams.
- High level of communication skills and expertise in consulting, coaching and presenting in a clear and concise manner and with a sense of humor.
- Proven experience in using and implementing Privacy Technology software, such as OneTrust or similar tools.
Aligned to the Arcadis Leadership model we seek leaders with a strong fit to our leadership success profile, to build and drive our culture of inclusion, accountability, human-centricity, and sustainability. Successful leaders at Arcadis will possess strong learning agility, combined with a balanced mix of being curious, driving success and igniting passion.
Main Working Contacts:
- Global Privacy Officer.
- Global Business Area Privacy Officers.
- Country Privacy Officers.
- Privacy CoE experts.
- Compliance CoE experts.
- Legal, Compliance & Privacy BPOs.
- Privacy Program Analyst.
Recruitment agencies need not respond. Details from this vacancy are not to be used for marketing purposes.
We can only achieve our goals when everyone is empowered to be their best. We believe everyone's contribution matters. It’s why we are pioneering a skills-based approach, where you can harness your unique experience and expertise to carve your career path and maximize the impact we can make together.
You’ll do meaningful work, and no matter what role, you’ll be helping to deliver sustainable solutions for a more prosperous planet. Make your mark, on your career, your colleagues, your clients, your life and the world around you.
Together, we can create a lasting legacy.
Join Arcadis. Create a Legacy.
Our Commitment to Equality, Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging
We want you to be able to bring your best self to work every day, which is why we take equality and inclusion seriously and hold ourselves to account for our actions. Our ambition is to be an employer of choice and provide a great place to work for all our people.