The Sr. Diversity, Equity, Inclusion Manager will assist in leading the development and implementation of strategic diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) initiatives in alignment with the company’s strategic plans. They will collaborate with the DEI team and P&C to create a culture of belonging and trust globally across the Company. The DEI team is highly visible, with regular interaction with leaders and employees at all levels throughout the organization.
The Sr. Manager will report to the Chief DEI Officer and work with others on the DEI team. They will interface with multiple global client groups across the organization where they will partner with business leaders and People and Culture to develop and implement DEI programs that successfully attract, retain, and develop a diverse workforce. They are responsible for working across the organization’s various business units and communicating the organization’s DEI goals, in addition to identifying opportunities for DEI to be embedded in existing processes. The DEI Manager will partner with business leaders to change and adopt processes to incorporate a DEI lens.Roles & Responsibilities
- Across the enterprise, serve as an advisor, counsel, and confidante to leaders in multiple business functions and their respective organizations.
- Design, build, and launch strategic programs that establish and infuse DEI throughout all geographies and aspects of our employee experience and business practices. Develop customized, proactive solutions that meet business needs and align with DEI strategic goals.
- Build and leverage internal relationships to achieve DEI goals to promote organization-wide awareness of our DEI plan and programs. Conduct outreach and incorporate external learnings as necessary to achieve goals.
- Led DEI activities associated with Talent Acquisition in attracting, sourcing, interviewing, and hiring talent, across multiple business functions and geographies. Ensure that strategies are effective in meeting DEI goals.
- Identify and build relationships with external partners, including thought leaders and peer organizations, that deliver impact and support our diversity and inclusion strategies for underrepresented groups.
- Serve as a key liaison to the Global DEI leadership council and provide DEI leadership in the successful operation of council.
- Oversee external DEI benchmarking efforts, incorporate best practices, and help to refine appropriate strategies and policies.
- Partner with People and Culture and others in conducting employee surveys to assess employee engagement as it relates to DEI. Identify and propose solutions to address gaps and align with DEI strategies.
- Prepare quarterly and annual reports (10K, Sustainability, etc.) for internal and external stakeholders on DEI progress.
- Work with Learning and Development to develop and implement DE&I strategies to grow DE&I capability and increase activation of all key stakeholder groups.
- Lead the communications strategy in partnership with communications team on effective DEI communication and branding.
- Work with Chief Diversity Officer to plan and manage appropriate budget and adhere to budget guidelines.
- Working with communications, advance external award recognition strategy and oversee collection of data necessary to execute.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 15 years of relevant professional experience.
- Ongoing education or certification within a DEI program preferred.
- Proven ability to think strategically around DEI's application to P&C, lines of business, and LYB business objectives and ability to execute into impactful results.
- Global program/project management; capable of leading large complex change programs.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to influence and effectively persuade stakeholders at all levels of the company.
- Demonstrated passion and personal commitment to DEI.
- Strong facilitation skills; ability to influence broad array of stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to operate broadly and at a high level, while maintaining appropriate attention to detail.
- Excellent critical thinking skills (strategic, analytical and creative).
- Ability to work independently and prioritize; solution oriented.
- Demonstration of leadership skills managing ambiguity and conflict resolution, demonstrating good judgement.
- Ability to influence key partners and get results through collaboration; be seen as a trusted advisor to senior leaders, peers and executive sponsors.
- Availability for business travel as needed (25%).
- Education within psychology, training, human resource management, operational excellence, change management or a related field would be preferred.
- DEI experience with ERGs, Diversity Champion or Diversity Lead is a plus.
- Previous P&C experience in Talent, Learning, or as business partner is helpful.
Builds effective teamsCollaboratesCultivates innovationCustomer focusDemonstrates courageDrives resultsEnsures accountabilityInstills trust and exemplifies integrity