Based in Rotterdam and reporting to the Finance Director Foods & Refreshments (F&R), the role of Marketing Finance Manager is to develop and drive the financial strategy & long-term business performance. He/she needs to have in-depth understanding of what drives success in the marketplace and how value can be created.
This will include providing Finance leadership in the following areas:
• Commercially shape the medium to long term direction of their respective brands or pillars.
• Dynamic resource allocation (CIP, R&D, Capex) to meet Category growth priorities.
• Business case development and benefit realisation for project investments.
• Strategically influence senior stakeholders.
The Marketing Finance Manager Foods will interface with:
• Finance Director F&R (line manager)
• CCLT and European marketing teams
• Global Category Finance Foods Team
• Cluster FET (performance reporting, production cost variance, material cost impacts)
• Category FET (supporting Innovation Business Case development)
• SC Finance Managers F&R
• Country finance teams
WHAT WILL YOUR MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES BE?
• Partnering the CCLT and European marketing teams in development and execution of the Category and Brand Strategic plans
• Drive GM%: through our 5S (savings) and Design to Value (DtV) program, Net Revenue Management, margin accretive innovation, complexity analysis, obsoletes management and optimizing mix
• Drive Foods Portfolio Transformation through portfolio reviews (incl white spaces and M&A) to facilitate priority setting and funnel management
• Input into Category Strategy and Target Setting Process to reflect Foods strategic priorities
• Innovation business cases, including coaching marketing teams to understand risks, facilitate making trade-offs and in-market tracking/course correcting and post-launch evaluations.
• Working closely with Cluster FET team on Material Costs performance management, driving and signing off Product Logic and Buying Savings and CMA budget management.
• Budget management: drive efficient use of available CIP and R&D resources
• Leading a team of 1-2 WL1 direct reports
The Finance Manager Marketing does NOT do In-year performance management. Although robust understanding of IY-results is relevant, Business Partners will have effective and timely management information available on One View to drive IY-results
SKILLS YOU SHOULD HAVE
• Growth mindset: passionate about making the Category win in the European marketplace and driving sustainable, competitive, profitable growth.
• Bias for action: ensuring decisions are taken swiftly across the entire organization.
• Accountability & responsibility: clear grip of roles & responsibilities regarding performance understanding vs IY-management.
• Building talent & teams: leveraging learnings and developing an effective virtual finance team together with the global- and European finance teams.
• Consumer & customer focus: understanding the consumer and trade dynamics in the various European markets and deploying strategy accordingly.
EXPERIENCE YOU SHOULD HAVE
• Professional finance qualification equivalent to CA, CIMA, ACCA.
• Over 5 years of experience in financial and business partnering roles ideally incl. MCO Finance (BB/CD).
• Excellent analytical and communication skills with the ability to respond under pressure.
• Ability to influence senior stakeholders.
Unilever’s business in Europe delivers E12bln Turnover and above average profitability & cash to the company. The market is very competitive and trade dynamics continue to put significant deflationary pressure on prices. Traditional big box format customers are in decline, whereas new channels and formats are growing. And although the aggregative market growth in Europe is modest, the underlying market segments see very differentiated growth patterns. Europe’s strategic aim for
2017-2019 is to generate +1-2% topline growth, deliver consistent cash contribution and accelerate its category and channel portfolio shift. In this context, it is critical to land innovations successfully and drive all GM%-lever opportunities vigorously.
Unilever’s ambition is to become a much faster, more agile business which operates more closely connected to the consumer and the customer. Country/Category Business Teams (CCBT’s) are a cornerstone of driving business results. To leverage the opportunities of a European market and fully integrate global Category Strategies into Europe’s operations, four Cluster Category Leadership Teams (CCLT’s) ensure the differentiated Category strategies are deployed successfully across Europe.
Uren per week: 40
Salaris: € 327,67
Wil je meer informatie of heb je vragen over deze vacature neem dan contact op met Rogier Bouwman via firstname.lastname@example.org of bel 0646928326.tijdelijk